The Daughter Around Always Helps

Continuation of last chapter, 5 years later

"Mao? MAOOO."Aether shouted once more. They were playing hide and seek til Xiao got home. It's been an hour now, and he still couldn't find the little Blondie. He was getting worried.

"Mama! I got stuck in the couch and scratch myself! It hurts!"-M

"You were there for an hour Mao ball! MAO BALL!"-A

Mao and Aether started crying cause the other was crying. It was confusing but they bonded so much over the years, that they are like small tiny siblings. With Xiao being a moody father who is confused by how much his little sunshines sleep and cry like babies. But they are both too cute to not say not to, so he just pats their heads. It's a wholesome relationship alright.

The nickname Mao Ball came from the fact that Mao can roll into a little ball. She does this out of fear when she senses danger coming to her or her parents. The little blonde is always an observant person, she knows when a person is acting strange around her parents. Even though the child is only five, she's a fast learner and quick to adapt when needed to.

The downside is that Aether has been hiding a secret from both Xiao and Mao, he still has trouble breathing most of the time. That early morning when Mao was born, ashes got into his water that Ganyu had gave him. Something died outside when she made this water then, because she said that she was outside til 9:00pm for she had to sleep at that time to be able to work. It affected him greatly, and he still carries this burden now. The blond noticed that his daughter took note of his small little breathers when he goes outside. Is she on to him and his actions?

"Mao. Give me a second, I have to use the bathroom."-A

Aether kissed the blonde on her forehead and ran upstairs to his room. It was there where he started coughing and feeling too weak to even stand. It was not pleasant to sit there and feel weak to not even move an inch.

"Mama? I thought you were using the bathroom. Are you okay? Should I call papa?"-M

"NO! I mean please don't. I don't want your father to worry. He already has enough stress in his life, adding on the fact that I'm sick will make things even worse." Aether coughed again, this time almost passing out on the floor. He looked at his hand in shock, shaking out of fear.

Mai closed the door and called her father. She explained everything that has happened in the last few minutes, with her father saying that he will come home as soon as possible. The blonde was told to stay around her mother and call him again if anything happens or if his condition gets worse. She did just that. While Aether cried for so long in the carpet.
_____________________________
"Xiao...I'm sorry. IM SORRY!"-A

"Stop saying your sorry for something that's not your fault. Be glad that Mao told me about about your current state."-X

"That's the thing! You shouldn't have to leave work early for some stupid coughs!"-A

Aether crashed into Xiao's arms, crying so many tears in his lover's shoulder. The raven held him so tight in his arms that it made the blond cry even more.

"How long has this been happening Aether?"-X

"Since Mao's birth. I didn't want to think she was the reason for this, so I kept it a secret.

"Aether, breath. Your okay, I'm here. Breath in, breath out. Remember your small breathers when we go out."-X

The raven hummed a song called Dream Aria. It was a lullaby played when night fell in Celestia when he was first visited Tevayt. It was instantly his favorite, and his sister kept note of it. Shortly after, she died in Aether's arms. Her humming was the last thing that came from her mouth.

"Heh, he fell asleep. Mao look, Mama is asleep. You don't need to worry."-X

"Papa...am I a curse? It did happen on my birthday."-M

"No, you are not. It happened because someone was fighting hillichurls outside and the dust spread to mama's water. He drank it because his voice was hoarse from screaming so much and he still has it now. Mama needs some treatment."-X

"Mhm. As soon as mama wakes up, It will be my mission!"-M

"Okay, but Mama still would like for you to sleep. So you can carry out your mission as soon as possible."-X

Mao gave her father one last hug, and went to her room. The parents are lucky to have her as their child.

Ratio jk

808 words