Chapter 22

"A Sleepover"

         It was a Saturday and I was very bored. I was all alone. John had to go to the office, Nora was at her friend’s house, I don’t know where Jason was, and Luke was still asleep. At least I had my puppy. I really loved this little puppy. I had named him Finn. There was no reason behind it. I just liked the name.

            “What do you want to do Finn,” I asked as I looked down at him. He was curled up in my lap. He yipped and jumped up to lick my face. “That doesn’t give me any ideas.”

            Then suddenly my phone rang and I leaned over and grabbed it.

            “Hello,” I answered.

            “What are you doing,” Jason’s voice said.

            “Sitting on the couch,” I told him.

            “Boring,” he told me with a chuckle.

            “I know. I was just talking to Finn about that,” I said.

            “Finn,” he asked as his voice went a little sharp.

            “He’s this new boy I met. We’re just hanging out at the house. Alone,” I teased. He over reacted so quickly.

            “I’m coming over,” he said as he hung up.

            I just sat back and laughed as I turned on the TV. I knew he would be racing over here. I knew it was kind of mean to do that to him but at least it got him to come over here. I wanted company. I changed the channel over to The Hills Have Eyes and relaxed back into the couch. It wasn’t but five minutes before I heard my door open and slam shut. I looked up and saw Jason looking around with an angry frown on his face.

            “Hi,” I said with a big smile as I waved at him.

            “Where is he,” he asked me as he put his hands on his hips.

            “Right here,” I said as I held up my puppy.

            “You said it was a boy,” he said with a smirk.

            “He is a boy,” I said with a laugh.

            “You think you’re so smart,” he said with a smile as he walked over and sat down beside me.

            “I wanted you to come over and I knew this was the quickest way,” I said with a shrug.

            “Why did you want me to come over,” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

            “I was bored,” I told him as I laid my head over on his shoulder.

            “You could have just asked me to come over,” he said.

            “This way was more amusing,” I said laughing.

            “To you. I thought I was gonna have to fight when I came over here,” he told me as he wrapped his arm around me.