Chapter 28

"The L Word"

            I woke up on Saturday to a surprise. There was a note on my door that said this was a game. It said to follow the clues and I would get a very good surprise at the end. I couldn’t help smiling knowing that Jason had gone to a lot of trouble for this. I dressed quickly and read over the clue. It said:

      ‘The first time I saw you I felt my heart skip a beat.

       Come back to that day and join me J

            I remembered Jason telling me that the first time he ever really saw me was in first grade. I had no clue how I would get into my old first grade classroom but I figured he already had it worked out. I took the clue and I ran down the stairs. I grabbed my keys and went to get in my car. I drove quickly to my old elementary school and noticed that one of the lights were on in the building.

            I walked in the front door and slowly made my way down a hallway to the only class that had lights on. When I walked in I saw Tyson sitting on a desk eating an apple. When he saw me he grinned and hopped down.

            “Hello lovely lady,” he said with a bow.

            “What is all of this,” I asked.

            “This is only stop one,” he said with a grin.

            “Do I get another clue here,” I asked.

            “But of course and you also get what’s in this bag. Don’t open it until your last clue though,” he said as he handed me a large bag.

            “Jason is doing all of this,” I asked as I took a piece of paper from him.

            “He loves you,” he said simply. I smiled before looking down at the paper. It read:

            ‘You probably won’t remember this one but think back.

            You were with Axel. Outside of a small coffee shop.

            You were wearing a yellow dress and your hair was

            Flying around your head. You looked like my angel.

            Make your way to that coffee shop’

            “I don’t even remember seeing him here,” I said as I remembered.

            “He always saw you,” Tyson said with a small smile.

            “I’ll see you later,” I said as I grabbed the things and jogged back to my car. I put the bag in the passenger seat before pulling out and heading to Carla’s Café. I can’t even believe that he remembered that. It was so long ago. I had just turned fourteen back then.

            I pulled into the café and got out to walk in the building. When I was in I looked around and finally spotted Marcus sitting at a booth. I walked over to him and he smiled when he finally spotted me.