tomorrow, reggie.

( 1 ) CHAPTER ONE   ——   ❛ ♜ ❜  CHAOTIC

# ꒷.      I'm not the one the student body dubbed Class of '77's Biggest Player   %

"BLIMEY, EMBER, what the hell happened to you?" Kasper Kaz Ibaiguren asked his friend with a smirk.

"What do you mean, Kaz?" Ember asked, looking at the boy.

"You've matured nicely," he teased, sitting across from her at the first feast of the year. He smoothed out the green table runner and grabbed three cornish pasties.

"Shut up, Kaz," Claire Selwyn shushed Kaz from next to him. "He means you're gorgeous, Em."

"Because my acne finally cleared up? Well, if that's all it takes to please Kaz Im-a-German," Ember said with a teasing grin.

"Ibaiguren," he corrected her swiftly.

"That's a mouthful," Ember teased, grabbing a pastie from Kaz's plate. "Where the hell were you on the train?"

Kaz shrugged. "Hiding from you, of course."

Claire rolled her blue eyes. "Has anyone seen Regulus or Nessa, yet?"

"I saw Regulus on the train, I'm not sure where he bounced off to," Kaz said with a shrug.

"Nessa had to talk to Slughorn, she should be here in a minute," Ember answered. She was a girl with long brown hair that was naturally a bit wavy. Her eyes were brown and full of emotion, her tan skin contrasting nicely against her colors. She had a thin waist, with decent ab definition, probably around fifty-two, maybe fifty-three kilograms, but she was constantly insecure about her looks at her weight.

"Your brother is staring at you, Em," Claire told the girl, glaring off towards the Gryffindor table.

Ember sighed. "I'll be back in a moment." While she walked around the tables, she thought of how close she used to be with her brother.

Ember and James were inseparable, the classic dynamic duo. When they first arrived at Hogwarts, they had one plan. Be sorted into Gryffindor, play quidditch together, grow up and mature and then go into their respective career fields. They were best friends when they were little, always doing everything together, putting each other first. Of course, like all siblings, they had their squabbles but within the hour they'd forget about them. James became a Gryffindor at the sorting ceremony, and Ember thought she'd follow in his footsteps.

She'd sometimes think she was wrongly placed, she should have been in Gryffindor with her brother. None of the other houses ever seem to fit her personality, especially not Slytherin. Slytherin would always have been the last choice.

It was only when Ember's tie turned green and silver that an invisible barrier built itself between the siblings. Sure, they still got along, but not nearly as well.

She sat herself down across from her brother, between Sirius and Peter.

"What is it, James?" she asked with a sigh.