excellent, ember

( 3 ) ⌇  CHAPTER THREE   ——    ❛ ♜ ❜  CHAOTIC

#   ꒷.    i have those sometimes   %   

"HI, LOVE," ROWAN CAMPBELL said, kissing Ember on the cheek.

The two Slytherins had been dating for over two months and were getting comfortable with each other's presence. Rowan had light brown hair and bright green eyes, his skin tanned from the previous summer, and he was rather attractive. Ember liked him because he wasn't boring — there was always something new.

All was going well between the two, except for the fact that Ember's friends hated Rowan more than they hated the Marauders. Claire and Nessa both tried to be nice to him, but it was always forced and tight like they just wanted to scream at him instead. Kaz and Regulus were nowhere similar, they openly hated Rowan, and Rowan knew it.

Maybe it was because Rowan had yelled at Ember on multiple occasions, or would subconsciously make jokes about her body, or perhaps because Ember would return to the dorm in tears at least once every other week, if not more often, because of him.

She greeted him quietly as he took the seat next to her in the Great Hall.

"So, what are you doing today?" he asked her.

"Classes. You should be, too," Ember reminded him.

Rowan smirked. "Thinking about skipping. Wanna join?"

She shook her head. "I have Defense today. Can't skip."

"You know, I don't think your brother likes me much," Rowan said, glancing toward the Gryffindor table.

Ember bit her cheek. "He doesn't like many people I date."

"You've dated a lot of guys?" Rowan asked.

She hesitated, looking up at him. "Not really, no. He doesn't like most of my friends, either. I wouldn't take it personally."

Rowan looked at his watch. "Want me to walk you to your class?"

Ember looked down the table where Kaz and Regulus were staring at her. "That's alright. You go have fun. I'll see you in a bit, alright?"

He smiled at her, giving her a peck on the cheek. She stood, walking over to Kaz and Regulus, nodding her head for them to walk with her. Many students had risen from their tables to get to class, so the three were out of Rowan's sight within seconds.

"I don't like him," Regulus reminded her.

"You've mentioned that," Ember said, frowning. "You could be less open about it. He's sweet when you get to know him. You guys weren't the most friendly when I first met you, either."

"Seems like he's more in it for the shags," Kaz mentioned quietly.

Ember stopped walking. "I like him. I'm happy. Isn't that enough to satisfy you?"

"If you were happy, you wouldn't still have an eating disorder," Regulus muttered.

"I don't have an eating disorder," Ember snapped. "Can we please just go to class?"