slytherin territory

(  8  )      ⌇ CHAPTER EIGHT —— ❛ ♜ ❜ CHAOTIC

# ꒷. ravenclaw is basically slytherin territory %

        IF THERE WAS ONE THING Ember was known for, it would be her birthday parties. Sure, her and James would celebrate their birthdays on the same day, at the same party, every year, but Ember and her friends were the one who put it on.

        If there was one perk being a Slytherin had over being a Gryffindor, it would be the ability to plan and throw a party, because for the Gryffindors, a little bit of alcohol is plenty, but for Slytherins, they bring the whole shop, the matching lights, the decorations, and the music is so loud, you can't even hear yourself think.

        The students had come to know March 27, every year, no matter the week day, as the party date. Ember would prefer to just use the Slytherin common room, but the four Marauders refused to step foot in it.

        Ember sat down next to Peter, directly across from James and Remus. "So, James — "

        "Why is it you're always taking my seat, Potter?" Sirius grumbled, walking up behind the girl.

        "Maybe because you're never sitting in it. Where were you this time?" she teased, looking up at the boy. He caught her off guard, not expecting him to be so close to her, with his even porcelain skin and silky dark hair, although his shirt looked slightly ruffled and his silky dark hair was out of place, but he was quickly combing it through with his fingers. "Off with a girl," she deducted with a smirk.

        He rolled his eyes at her, taking the empty spot beside Ember.

        "Come on, spill, who was it this time?"

        "Why so curious?" he asked, a glint in his eyes.

        "Why so defensive? Was it McKinnon?" she asked.

        This time, he was caught off guard. "Anyways, what are we talking about, boys?"

        Ember smirked to herself. "Our birthday party," Ember answered, looking to her brother. "What theme are we thinking this year?"

        James pretended to think, then immediately said, "Angels and Devils."

        Ember let out a laugh. "No."

        "Why not?"

        "Because that's stupid. Pick something else," she said.

        James looked at his friends for help. "I figured you'd like that one, I don't know any others!"

        "What about . . . famous dead people?" Remus offered, glancing up from his book.

        Ember blinked at him. "Remus Lupin," she said breathily, "I've taken you for a lot of things, but never a boring person," she teased with a smirk.

        "Ghosts and ghouls?" Peter said with a shrug.

        Ember shook her head. "There's enough of those in this castle as is, besides, its not Halloween."

        "Fifteen minutes of fame," Sirius said with a grin. "Wait — better, Hollywood."

        The four raised an eyebrow at him.

        "No," James said. "I don't want to dress up as some rich famous guy."

        "What if Lily was your rich famous wife?" Sirius grinned. James perked up at that.