the quidditch cup

(  9 )      ⌇ CHAPTER NINE —— ❛ ♜ ❜ CHAOTIC

# ꒷. oh, and regulus? catch the fucking snitch already. %

        THE WARMER WEATHER slowly crept up on the castle. Fifth and seventh years bustled around with their noses in various scrolls and books, preparing themselves for their upcoming OWLS and NEWTS. The sun glistened on the lake on a particularly hot day, allowing the students to sunbathe on the grass and on the rocky beach. The trees were still and the air was void of any rain, snow, or wind.

        Easter was creeping up on the students, signaling the final months of school. The flowers were blooming and the leaves on the trees were growing and turning a gorgeous shade of green. The snow had long gone and the sun would warm the air, its rays so hot it would burn the British students' skin who didn't tan well. Thankfully for Ember and James, her family didn't have porcelain skin and they had bronzed skin when the sun came out from the clouds.

        Nessa, Regulus and Kaz were spread out under a large tree, hiding from the blistering sun in the shade. They had books laid out and flashcards in their hands, quizzing each other on every little thing mentioned in their lessons.

        Ember had long since left them, returning to the common room to find peace in the silence. She studied on her own, sitting sprawl legged on the tile flooring, her papers and old essays occupying wherever they please.

        "And what are you doing inside? It's wonderful out!" the seventh year prefect, Isabella Menni, said. She had a gummy grin on her sunburnt face, showing that she had spent too much time out there herself.

        "It's too hot to focus," Ember replied, then continued to work.

        "So go for a swim and cool off," Isabella suggested.

        Ember shook her head. "Too many people outside. Isn't that against school policy anyways?"

        Isabella shook her head. "Yes, I suppose it is. Go hang out with your friends. Your studies can wait."

        "Actually," Ember said, her patience thinning, "they can't. Shouldn't you be off revising for your own NEWTS so you don't end up working at a muggle food station?" she spat, then returned to her book.

        Isabella rolled her eyes and with a loud huff, she walked away, leaving Ember to her studies.

# . . .

        "Good Lord, Kaz, I cannot do this," Ember said with a toss of her book to the ground. She got up on her feet, pacing around on the dock they were sitting on. "It makes no logical sense."

        Kasper ran his fingers through his hair. It had grown out from his middle part into layers that fell just below his ears, but not quite yet to his shoulders. "It's not that hard, Em, you add the stuff to the stuff and it comes out."

        "But everything else says that those two things would never work!"

        "There are exceptions to everything, Em," he said with a sigh.

        "No, if it doesn't work it doesn't work, there shouldn't be exceptions," she argued.

        "I didn't make the rules, Ember," he said. Regulus and Nessa both looked rather amused at their squabble over the potions revisions. Both were rather skilled at the subject, much better than Nessa and Regulus were.