1.3 Vampire

"What happend to you?" Matt asked Linkin as he walked to history class.

"Nothing. Dropped a book on my face in bed." He said.

"Sure." Matt said not buying it. Hes seen his fair share punchs to know what it looks like when you get hit. And he's one of the few people to know what Mayor Lockwood is really like.

"It was a really heavy book." He added before stepping into the classroom. Unfortunately most of everyone was already in there, including the one's who just saw him leave Sheila's house unscratched.

...

"As Jeremy's teacher im concerned. It's only the third day of school an he's skipped six of his classes." Tanner said taking a seat on a desk infront of Jenna who was in a chair.

Linkin was at the threshold of the classroom door unnoticed by the two adults. Is he really looking down at her. What an ass.

Jenna leaned forward on her deak with a polite smile. "Mr Tanner.. are you aware that Jeremy and Elena's parents died?" She asked curtly.

"Four months ago, a great loss. Car accident. Wickery Bridge if I remember correctly." He said.

Jenna just nodded. A twinge of grief spiking in her chest.

"And your related to the family how? The uh... mothers kids sister?" He stated with a board tone.

"Youger sister." She polietly corrected.

He just gave her a dismissive nod.

"Six classes? Are you sure?" She questioned akwardly scratching the back of her neck. "I mean thats kind hard to do." She stated starting to fiddle with her hands.

"Not when your on drugs." He said plainly. "It's his attempt at coping Ms. Summer's. And the signs are there." He trailed on.

Jenna just looked quiet frankly dejected an upset.

"Are there any other relatives.. in the picture?" He asked.

Why am i still eavesdropping?

"I'm there sole guardian." She said.

"Uh-huh." He verbalised like it was a bad thing. "Could there be?" He asked bluntly.

Jenna looked about fed up with Tanner. "What are you suggesting, exactly?" She said with an edge to her voice.

"It's an impossible job isn't it. Raising two teens?" He said with a smile. This was Tanners version of a trick question."

Jenna just shook her head an scoffed. "It's been tough, but.. no, it's not." She said with determination.

"Wrong answer." He stated.

Jennas resolve cracked.

"It is an extremely impossible job and anything less and you're not doing it properly." He stated raising his voice.

Linkin scoffed alerting the two he was there as the both faced him. "An you know this how exactly?" Linkin asked genuionly confused. He was really starting to get sick of the men in this town.