~thirty~

"'Cause every time I get too close,
I just go mess it up"

~Mess It Up, Gracie Abrams

Alena's POV

Getting up.

Getting up from a fall.

Getting up from a fall is important. And important things happen to be the most difficult things. And difficult things are mind contradicting and exhausting.

But we have to do the difficult things which are important which will result to the getting up from the fall. There is no easy way out of it to crawl back to normal. Maybe a little bit of self assurance and confidence would do it.

There is this classic example which we all have heard in our childhood about an ant. An ant once wanted to climb a wall. He would climb some millimetres and then would slip and fall. Then he would again get up and try harder the next time to scale more millimetres of height. Every time he would fall, he would get up again and start crawling. His head up high and full of confidence. Atlast it takes some time ofcourse, but he reaches the top of the wall finally.

It doesn't matter how many times you fall, the things that matters is that every time you fall, you get up on your own and continue your journey.

Life is all about the falls and a human being is all about getting up and moving on.

I take a long breath and get out of the elevator and start walking straight to reach the end of the hallway. My head staring down at the floors and my feet just walking right ahead of me.

Yes, I finally decided to come to work because why not? I feel okay, I feel well and good. Though I am still afraid of people around me so unless someone tries to touch me or anything, I will be good to myself. That's what I have been trying to tell myself.

I needed to get up from my fall and carry on with my life. It took me eight days to do it. But I am getting back to the normal life of mine at last, that is all that matters anyway.

I reach dad's office at the end of the hallway. I peep inside the room on my left but I don't find Louis in his usual place. Probably he is roaming somewhere, as always. I tuck a strand of my hair and walk into Louis' booth. His table is cluttered with rubbish. Stashes of papers lying everywhere and stationary items unarranged. God, he is messy. 

I start cleaning up his place which he should have done but I can't stop myself from doing it myself. I just hate seeing messes and untidy places. I shouldn't clean it for him but I do it anyway 'cause I am a good person or whatever. 

After I am done with the cleaning, I pick up the little transmitter he has on his table to inform dad about his meetings and appointments and stuff. He is dad's assistant so he is responsible for making appointments and looking at his schedule. I don't even know how he even got the job. To be honest I do know how he got the job. He earned it fair and square but still he can sometimes be lazy for the work.

I press the white button on the transmitter and say, "hey- um, dad it's me." I wait for a few seconds for him to respond.

I know I should practically barge into his room but that's not good manners. What if he is with some important client and is having a meeting then I would be a total embarrassment which I don't want to be, ever.

There is a click sound on the other end then comes a reply. "I am busy with a client. Give me five minutes," I hear him say in laboured breaths. I sigh, switch off the transmitter and stand leaning against the wall on the side to wait for him to complete his work. I pick on my nail paint in the meanwhile.