CHAPTER I

Chapter 1

FUBUKI KOORI'S POV

Ahh, freak, it's freezing cold... Even if I've been in this car for a whole day, it's too cold! I've never experience this extreme cold, why do my biological family has to live here?

I've been staring out the window, watching the snow-filled land right outside the moving car. I'm certain I've seen snow before, but it feels like I've never seen one. Crouching next to the window, hugging my knees, I grabbed the blanket and placed it on my lap, as it wss eerie cold. The sun was still up, tho, but it's like a long winter of eternity on my perspective.

"Surprisingly quiet," said Mama, as she looks at me from her seat. "Aren't you excited to meet them?"

"Unsure," I quietly replied. "I'm not certain if I can be close to them."

"You three share the same nature," said Papa, with eyes focused on the road. "Hiding in your own perfect little world."

"Well, what else could we do? That perfect little world of ours is filled with everything we want and need. We don't need anyone else."

"Yep, the same  nature," said Mama. "Don't worry, darling, those two will surely know you belong with them. You look like them, afterall."

The roadtrip was indeed silent. It was a school day, I don't think they will be able to pick me up altogether. I put my feet down the car floor, as the road starts to get inside a residential area. Soon, Papa pulled over to a nice and cozy house with a gate. Mama got off the car and called out familiar names.

"SHIROU! ATSUYA!"

"KAA-SAN!"

The door nearly flew when an orange-haired guy, who's probably a couple years older than me, opened the door in a rather harsh manner and ran to open the gate. He soon changed into a confused expression when he probably saw me looking at him through the window of the car. Ahh, probably one of the ones Mama kept talking about. Who was he again?

Another boy, around a couple years older than the former,was just looking at us through the door as the car entered the yard. It then stopped, and Papa got off the car, so I just sighed and wrapped my blue scarf around me and tried to hide my face from these familiar faces around me.

I got off the car, stepping my feet onto the soft snow beneath the ground. The orange-haired guy just stared at me blankly, unknown if I'm real or not. Whilist the latter, the one with bluish-white hair, was so speechless. None of them initiated a talk.

"Shirou, Atsuya," Papa started the talk and tapped my shoulders. "Does she seem familiar?"

"Nope," said the guy with an orange hair. "She does look like Aniki, but her eyes are blue. And her hair is a little longer—WHO IS SHE!?"

"Most likely someone blood-related to us," said the other. He's probably the older one, as the latter called him 'Aniki' and he does look older. "Hello there, little one. You sure do look like me but your eyes are like Atsuya's, sharper and slanting upwards."

"She has a gentler look, probably because she's a girl. What's your name again? You clearly look familiar."

"Koori," I muttered and lowered the scarf so they can fully see my face. "Fubuki Koori."

"Koori...?" asked Atsuya-san, with a bit of confusion. I looked at Shirou-san, who looks like he just saw a ghost. He mouthed a few silent words to Atsuya-san, who probably realized what he meant. "WAIT, YOU'RE KOORI!?!"

"Do I look like I'm lying?" I asked.

"OH MY—ANIKI YOU DIDN'T TOLD ME EARLIER!!" Atsuya-san screeched. "WHY HAVEN'T WE RECOGNIZED OUR ONLY SISTER!?"

Now I'm the one with a shocked expression. Why did I even forgot they are my brothers? Well, yeah, right, for nearly eight years of being stuck in a tropical country overseas, I've probably forgotten them, and they probably not remember me that much either.

Shirou-nii got out the house, barefooted, and gave me a tight hug. A very tight one. Atsuya-nii soon followed, hugging me too, and I just can't breathe nicely so I tapped their backs. They didn't even bothered to pull away, so I raised a foot and stepped on their feet.

Atsuya-nii flinched and pulled away, but Shirou-nii was still on hugging me, just a bit wider and looser. I'm the one who stepped back, because I think he got no plans on pulling away.

"Finally, air," I silently breathed out at smiled at them. "Umm.... I'm home..."

"I cooked dinner," said Atsuya-nii and dragged me inside the house. "Leave your shoes in the foyer and wear indoor slippers, don't get the floor dirty."

I took off my shoes and grabbed a pair of warm and fuzzy slippers I found by the shoe rack. Mama and Papa took my luggage inside with them, with Shirou-nii following ang closing the door. It was a warm home, so I removed my winter jacket and hang it on the hook, just above the shoes rack. It feels a bit colder now that my jacket was off, but also warm.

"Welcome home, Koori," said Shirou-nii and ruffled my hair. "But where will you sleep?"

"The vaccant room is available," said Papa. "That's why we're cleaning that space. It was prepared already with a warm bed and tons of blankets, as your sister came from a warm place. Let her adjust to the cold first."

"Thanks, Papa," I silently replied. I'm not too familiar here. I know they are my biological parents, but spending only five years with them and away for eleven years, things aren't much the same, are they?

I went ahead for the stairs, carrying my slingbag. The second floor was just filled with rooms, and another staircase leading to the attic. I went to the door closest to the stairs. It's another bathroom. I then followed and moved on to the next door, the one closest to the other staircase, which I had used. It's Mama and Papa's room. It was all located at the left side.

The next room, right side of the staircase, was Shirou-nii and Atsu-nii's room. They share a room and it was huge, the bunk bed was big enough for two people. It was a bit nice tho. And probably the last door on the corridor, which was literally facing the window on the other end of the corridor. It was mine.

I opened the door to my room. There's a large bed with futons, the floor was wooden, and the interior was violet and blue. The beddings were white and snow blue. There is also a nice window, where I can see the view outside. No fancy balcony, but below each window were some flowers that grew in winter. Nice.

Also a lilac wardrobe, and a study table. It was a comfy room big enough for me, there's even a tatami table, or low table and a cushion for me.

"Do you like it?" asked Shirou-nii as he entered the room and placed my luggage bag on the floor. "I sure hope you do."

"I love it," I replied. I took out a camera on my bag and took a few snaps of the room. "It's nice."

"Glad you love it. I'll get your other bag. You have a trolleybag, a backpack and a sling bag, why do you have so much bags?" he jokingly asked and patted my head.

"Handle the backpack with care," I said. "It has fragile things."

"Will do!" said Shirou-nii, with a smile.

====

The Third Fubuki