CHAPTER IX

Chapter 9

"JOKER'S LANCE!"

I landed and made a backflip. I didn't used my full force on this one as I dare not to hurt players, because I did use this as a self defense hissatsu back in the days. I stood up axiously, watching the ball with blue and red aura ran through the goal. They were all heavily watching the ball. Some of the defenders tried to stop my shot, but it's powerful enough to stop them where they are as it was storming through the field. I hope I won't break the rules.

The annoying forward, again, ran back all the way to the defender line to stop it with his chest, but my hissatsu was still strong, and he evetually got thrown back. Their only defense was the goalkeeper.

"Stop it, Norika!" the one with the cap yelled.

I watch her stop it. Summoning what I assumed a new hissatsu, she managed to throw up the ball and catch it. Disappointment. That shot was a disappointment. But if I used all my strenght, she'll be done for, and I might injured her. I watch Reina giving a large jawdrop because of what she saw. She probably believed I had no idea in soccer, but it will be harder to believe that someone like me knows how to use a hissatsu.

I had no time to sharpen my skills till now. It's just that I was too busy with acads. I feel like I want to cry for being such a huge disappointment. Nevertheless, the game is still on. I slapped myself, seeing the worried face of Atsu-nii and Shirou-nii who looked at me with doubts. The goalkeeper, Norika, passed it to the annoying forward named Asuto.

Someoka-kun ran up to him and stole the ball, passing it to Shirou-nii. I ran along with them, even if my tears were close to falling out. Nae and Atsu-nii argued about who will shoot the ball for the tie-breaker, making the seniors, Shirou-nii and Someoka-kun laugh.

"Atsuya, Koori, take the shot!"

"Was it okay for me to play forward!?" I gasped.

"THEIR GOALKEEPER PLAYED FORWARD!" screamed Someoka-san. "JUST DO IT YOU KID!"

I rolled my eyes, as Atsu-nii kicked up the ball. I jumped high and kicked it back to him, and we both jumped whilist spinning to create some sort of tornado. This is the hissatsu they used earlier!

"WHITE DOUBLE IMPACT!"

"COUNTER DRIVE!"

Atsu-nii and I  both looked back. Two forwards, the fat striker and Asuto-kun, was all the way close to Norika, kicked the ball back with a lot of force. They fed us the food we tried to feed them, as the ball wemt straight to the goal, earning their fifth point. I stood in my spot, dumbfounded. The game ends with us losing the match, the score of 5-4, Raimon advancing to the lead.

I lined up with the players, shaking their hands for a good game. I sighed when it's my turn to shake the Raimon Ice Prince's hand, as I was so ashamed to look at him. He held out his hand, which I gently accepted with my shaking right hand. He let out a laugh and smiled.

"I didn't knew you can use a hissatsu, warrior," he remarked. "That lancer was sick."

"Thanks," I smiled, with my eyes tearing up. "Uhhh... What's your name again?"

"Hiura. Hiura Kirina," he smiled at me and squeezed my hands.

"Fubuki Koori," I replied. "Nice meeting and thank you, Hiura-kun."

"Nice game, Koori-chan."

I let go of his hand and shook hands with the others. I ran back with Atsu-nii who was wiping his face with his towel, and Shirou-nii who's taking a drink. I took my towel and covered my eyes, letting out some tears that are earning around my eyes. I suddenly felt warmth around me, as well as Shirou-nii's perfume. I hugged him, burrying my face on his chest cause I'm a little smaller than him. I just sobbed there, with all the disappointment.

"Hey, you're making Atsuya cry, Koori," said Shirou-nii. "Come here, Atsuya, you're also tearing."

"I'm not!" his voice cracked, but I felt my brothers squeezed me between them, they are both hugging me. "Damn you, Koori, now I'm also crying."

"I'm just... Disappointed," I tried to speak, voice muffled as the sobs disturbed my talking. "About myself."

"Hey, hey, don't cry," said Shirou-nii and brushed my hair. "You two did a good job. Aniki's proud of both of you two. Even Someoka-kun is proud. At least, Koori managed to roar loud enough to steal everyone's attention."

Atsu-nii pulled away first. I let go of my Nii-san next, and wiped my tears. Looking back, I caught Hiura smiling at me, giving me a thumbs up. I ran up to him, and he showed up his palms, and smiled. Even with wet eyes, I still somehow gave him a high-five and smiled at him too.

"You did well, Warrior."

I nodded. I smiled at the goalkeeper who was talking to Nae when I found her glancing at me. We are the first one to leave the stadium. We girls chose the back part of the locker rooms to change, there's a place here where we can change our clothes without the guys. I sighed and lifted up my shirt, all alone in this place. The girls already left since they are done. I quickly put on a black shirt, and I pulled up my jogging pants. I wore my tracksuit jacket, and zipped it halfway, and threw my clothes inside my bag.

I walked out the changing room, and to the lockers room with the others who are done changing too. We headed out the locker room,  and talked again, like we didn't even lose. I mean we talked about ge match but they are happy despite the lose.

I saw Reina in one corner of my eye, by the left hallway. She stood there along with Midorikawa and  Nagumo, waiting for me.

"Shirou-nii, can you take it to the bus?" I asked and handed him my stuff. "I'll meet someone. I'll be back."

"Sure," said Shirou-nii.

I smiled and ran toward Reina who hugged me open-armed. I hugged her back, and giggled, while Nagumo just gave me a high-five. I looked at the other red-haired friend with them. I knew he was watching me, he's probably the one who ditched their friends from the day before.

His familiar face awoke a memory. I remember I saw him before! He's the guy who looked at me the day before!! Those familiar teal eyes of his caught my attention that day I forgot where I was!

"So, are you two gonna stare at each other?" asked Midorikawa.

"Ahh, sorry," said the red-haired guy. He took a deep breath and sigged. "You're that girl..."

"Of course she is!" yelled Nagumo. "You're never this tensed when you meet girls, what the heck happened to you?"

"I'm fine!" the guy yelled and sighed again. "I'm Kiyama Tatsuya, captain of Eisei Gakuen," he said. "Uhh, what's your name?"

"Fubuki Koori," I replied and smiled.

"Nice meeting you, Miss Fubuki," he said and grabbed my hand, and kissed it, and smiled. "Your gameplay was awesome."

"Thanks," I replied. "Nice meeting you too, Kiyama-kun!"

"I didn't knew you had a hissatsu," said Hiroto. "Damn, that's sick! Like really! How many do you have?"

"I've been practicing two or more," I replied.

"And where did you practiced?" asked Suzuno. "2 weeks isn't enough to pull a strong hissatsu like that."

"I didn't practiced it for 2 weeks, I trained for whole eleven years," I replied. "You see, I'm not really from Japan. I'm born Japanese, I was born here but... I moved overseas. In those early years of mine, I watched kids of the country play swords and guns, and adults gamble with cards. I barely know soccer, the places aren't wide enough for soccer."

"But how did you learn?" asked Reina. "All these time you know soccer?"

I sighed. "I'll admit this now, I need you to lend me your ears."

====

The Third Fubuki