CHAPTER III

Chapter 3

I looked at the red-haired guy who was walking close to me. As his figure's getting closer and closed, I start to notice his features. He has a small flower on his head, and lightning-shaped ice. Most of his things are in a warm shade, so I assume he likes red stuff. What was his name again? Na....? Uhh.... I can't remember it clearly.

"Hello, we met again!" he cheerfully said. "My friends have noticed how you caught the ball, they are inviting you for a game! A practice."

"I don't know how to play," I replied.

"Ahh, we'll just teach you then," said the guy. "I'm Nagumo Haruya by the way, what's your name?"

"Koori," I said, and smiled, although I doubt he could see my amile behind the scarf.

I walked out the gate with Nagumo's soccer ball, and he led me the way to a group of kids. They are playing a soccer game in an empty snow field nearby, with four against three. They have an eighth player, sitting by the bench, who seems had no interest on what was happening.

The girl with a blue hair and white fringe smiled at me. She's definetely older than me, as she looks more matured and pretty. I raised a hand in an awkward guesture, which she nust laughed. I observed the team. Four against three, the eighth probably got bored, as the score board they have showed that the team of three has 4 scored goals over the team of four.

I observed the team once more, and sighed. On the team of four, there was a black-haired goalkeeper, Nagumo, the blue-haired lady, and the silverette guy with Nagumo earlier. The other team has a white-haired goalie, a green-haired player, and a girl with short dark-blue hair.

"Hiroto," the lady with white fringes called out. "Step on the pitch, please, Tatsuya won't come even if you threw a temper tantr—"

"Leave me the hell alone, I don't need you and your stupid team," said the guy. He glared at me, his fuschia pink eyes were dull and hazy. "And I don't need your new stupid playmate." He stood up, brushed the snow off his curly gray hair, and turned his back against us.

"He's not gonna play anymore?" said the green-haired guy. "What a downer, we could probably have scored more."

"Here, your fourth player," said Nagumo. "But I'd wish I'll be on the same team as her."

"I'll go with Midorikawa," said the silverette and walked up to the other side. "You can have that airhead girl with you,"

"Hey!" said the green-haired guy. "It's not nice to degrade a lady!" he apologetically looked at me. "Sorry for his attitude, they are just disappointed they can't score against us."

"You sound and act like Tatsuya," said the girl with the white fringe. "Don't mind them, what's your name? I'm Reina Yagami, you can call me Reina."

"Koori," I replied.

"I see. That's Midorikawa Ryuuji," said Reina as she pointed to the guy with green-hair. "I'm certain you already met Nagumo. That's Suzuno," she then pointed at the guy with silver hair. "Saginuma," the goalkeeper. "Clara," the other blue-haired. "And Segata." the goalie with a white hair. "You're on my team."

"Say, Koori," called Nagumo. "You told me earlier that you don't know how to play, but in this place, soccer was pretty much known. How come you don't play?"

Shoot. "I...." I muttered. Oh heck, how am I supposed to say I'm not from here? "I rarely play... And I'm not a fan of much soccer, but I learn from brothers, and the only thing I know is... Kick the ball..."