CHAPTER XI

Chapter 11

I woke up very early in the morning and took a quick shower. Reina invited me for a practice, she wanted me to watch them, and as a friend, I'm not letting her down. I had no idea where is Sun Garden, so I sneaked to Shirou-nii's room and stole some of his clothes. I put on his clothes and tied my hair inwars, and fixed my ahoge. I do look like Shirou-nii. I went out the halls early so I can go out and find the place.

I heard Atsu-nii walking behind me, so I picked up my pace and nearly sprinted away.

"Aniki, where are you going?"

"Walk," I replied. "I'll go home before dark."

I didn't waited for any response as I ran and jumped down the stairs like some sort of an action star. I ran away as fast as I can the moment I exited the building. I removed Shirou-nii's jacket and tied it on my waist, and tied my hair to a ponytail, as I walked the streets, wearing Shirou-nii's clothes. A wide white T-shirt, baggy pants that reach my calf, and a jacket hanging down my hips. I had no idea why Shirou-nii wore such wide clothes, I feel like these clothes are about to fall off. Luckily I had some undershirt and shorts.

I walked a long damn way to search for the place. I arrive to what sort of school, and the yard was empty. So, I'll just find where are they practicing. I caught the chance when Hiroto entered a flat dome. It looks like large upside-down cone, so I followed him in secret.

It's damn dark here! I followed him as he walk to what seem like a staircase. I realize I can't climb there, so I headed for the stadium instead. There I saw them, running and practicing. I sighed and stepped a bit forward when they stopped. I watch Kiyama-kun stopped a ball from above, definetely from Hiroto-kun.

"Koori?" gasped Reina when she saw me. "YOU... OH MY GOSSSSSHHH! DID YOUR BROTHERS ALLOWED YOU!??" she squealed and ran to me, ans drag me to the field. "Hey, Hiroto! Koori's here!"

"What!?" I heard Hiroto gasped. He jumped off the railings and landed with a superhero pose right near me, and  stood up like nothing happened. "Did your brothers allowed you?"

"I sneaked," I replied. "These are Shirou-nii's clothes."

"Baggy pants, oversized shirt and a jacket? What about your hair?"

"I tied it," I replied. "I do look like him."

"To think it was only Koori that can make Hiroto attend practice,* remarked Saginuma. "Raimon's our next opponent. Hiroto, you should join practice."

"No thanks," said Hiroto and took out a bubble gum packet, and his phone. "I've got other plans. Let's go, Koori."

"Hey! Where are you taking her!?" asked Reina.

"Away from you," said Hiroto and grabbed my hand.

I let out a sigh as he dragged me out the stadium. I had no idea where he was taking me, but I feel like he wants to show me something. We went way further behind Eisei Hakuen where I found a high hill. I mean, high enough but not as high as mountains. Hiroto gripped to the branches and let out his hand, cause it's also a bit steep. I held his hand as he pulled me up, he's pretty strong like Atsu-nii.

I grabbed a branch and pulled up, eventually we reached the top and I found a big house. It was damn big, really! Up above this hill, meaning it's also big. He led me to a large brown door, and entered the house and told me to wait there. I took the chance to look around. It's pretty rare to find places like this, with a lot of trees. Hiroto returned with a soccer ball after, so I walked to him with a smile.

"Let's play," he said. "You know, eversince as a kid, I never have a playmate. I'm always alone in this big house."

"Is that why Reina told me you never give a sh*t about your teammates?" I asked. "Why didn't you went out? Reina and the others were there."

"My stupid old man didn't allowed me to," he replied and kicked the ball upwards and passed it between his knees. "I was all alone while the kids are playing."

"But why did you told me this?" I asked as I stole the ball in a swift move. "I mean, why did you chose to tell me?"

"It would be unfair if I know your past and you don't know mine," said Hiroto and stole the ball in a smooth manner. "I mean, you told yours so I thought I'd share mine. Afterall, we're both unwanted. My father never loved me... It's always that Tatsuya chickenshit."

"But you... You have them." continued Hiroto. "You had brothers. Hitomiko-neesan didn't gave a damn about me either, she's always busy. I had no one... So I'm always alone. Playing inside this big house. I may have all the money but it cannot buy what I wanted. And that is my father's acknowledgement."

"You had me," I replied and stole the ball. "You know, back overseas, I had no one either. A kind couple took me in, they taught soccer to me and swords. Let's find some branches to play, I'll teach you how to use swords."

"Did you compete in duels like a gladiator?" asked Hiroto.

"No, I did not," I replied. "Busy with acads."

We stopped when a car arrived. It also had a pick-up truck following it where it has too many gifts. A lot too many for an only child, so I assume it's for Reina. An old man dressed in a yutaka hopped off the car with two guys of what I assume as their bodyguard. He fixed his yukata for a moment and looked at us. At me, to be precise.

Hiroto looked at his shoes. I think this guy man is his father. Based on expression I guess Hiroto was really lonely. He tried to walk away, but I held his wrist. He lifted his lonely look at me, I just gave him a pokerface.

"Sorry, Mister. I think I tresspassed," I muttered.

"You must be the girl Tatsuya and Reina was talking about," he said. "Care in for some tea?"

"I'd rather be with Hiroto, thanks," I politely answered.

"Give them some juice please, I know we bought extra for the kids."

The bodyguard went to the pick-up truck and opened a box. He took two bottles of juice and handed both to me. I took both of them and phrased my thanks. I handed the other bottle to Hiroto. He was hesitant at first, but he soon took the bottle from me and gave a thanks to the body guard. The old man motioned me to come to the truck, so I tugged Hiroto's hand.

I don't want to let him go, both of us walked to the pick-up truck. A bodyguard handed me a box wrapped in blue and white wrapping paper. On the side, there was a note. The note said Reina told the old man I'll be visiting, and he bought this for me, as a welcome gift for his kids' friend. I looked at the old man.

"For me?" I asked.

"Yes," said the old chairman. "It was Reina and Tatsuya who told me about you. And since Reina told me you'll visit today, I might as well include you."

"That was so thoughtful of you, sir, but can I really have this?"

"Just take it," said Hiroto, silently. "We'll open this inside the house. I'll take her in."

We're about to go inside, but then my phone made a noise. It was ringing, so I fished it out my pockets. I looked at the caller ID and took a sigh, mentally debating agaisnt myself if I should answer this or no. Afterall, Atsu-nii was the caller.

====

The Third Fubuki