CHAPTER XXI

Chapter 21

Tatsuya-kun became my errand boy, while I was cooking both dishes for tonight's dinner. The boiling of the soup, the sound of the cooking pot's lid, and Tatsuya's flinching of random burns were audible inside the kitchen.

The rice was the first to get cooked well, so we called Nagumo and Midorikawa to get them to the dining room. The rest are still cooking so it'll be a bit longer than usual. I took a spoon and scooped up some soup, and transferred it to the spoon.

"Hey, Tatsuya-kun, care to give this a taste?" I asked.

"Sure," he smiled at me.

Tatsuya-kun approached me and took my hand, tasting the soup on the spoon as I asked. I don't really trust my cooking, and the only ones who tasted it is Ate Kiro and Fuyukito-niisan. Not even my biological siblings ever tasted my own cooking, and it was my Ate Kiro who taught me how.

My anxiety kicked in when Tatsuya-kun took the laddle and scooped up some soup, tasting it like it's the first time he tasted such food.

"So, how does it—"

"I'M LITERALLY GONNA MARRY YOU!" he yelled, taking both my hands. "You can cook, yes, the perfect standard for a wife!"

"What the hell are you saying?" I asked.

"They said the way to a man's heart is through his stomach," he laughed at me and held my hand even tighter. "Whoever marries you is such a lucky man!"

"Can you let my hand now? Or else the food will burn!" 

"Ah, sorry, sorry!"

He let go of my hand and I turned the stove off, both of them. I askes him to help me take the food to the dining room, which he obliged with a smile. We took the food to the dining, and I smiled at Reina who's hovering on both of us, probably asking who on earth cooked the food.

I served the food for them. They are eager to eat, and were a little glutton, like Tatsuya-kun said. I gave food to Ruru, the violet-haired little girl, and smiled at her.

"If this is another of Tatsuya's cooking, I'm not gonna eat," said Suzuno. "Not that he's a bad cook, his cooking is average. Not bland but not also tast-"

"Just eat it, I'll shove the food in your damn mouth," said Nagumo.

"They'll like it, promise," whispered Tatsuya-kun and pulled back a chair for me.

I sat on the chair as he served me a plate of food. I started eating for a moment, merely staring at the people who were also eating the food. I really got nervous when Reina's eves widened, while Nagumo was confusing his own senses.

"WHO COOKED THIS!?" gasped Suzuno.

"Why?" I asked.

"Tatsuya didn't cooked this, did you, Tatsuya!?" gasped Nagumo. "THIS...."

"Taste like a mother's cooking," said Reina. "This—TATSUYA COULDN'T COOK LIKE THIS, I MEAN YEAH HE CAN COOK BUT THIS IS BETTER!"

"I cooked that," I replied.

"You cook like a mom,"

"You don't like it?"

"No. It taste incredible." said Osamu. "I can literally write a whole novel describing the taste of this food."

"It's just braised pork and sardines," I replied.

"Finally something that Tatsuya-niisan didn't cooked," said the green-haired little boy. "Yes, I'm insulting you, Nii-san."

"You're one harsh kid, Nero," said Tatsuya-kun. "I'm not letting you in my house when I marry Koori."

Parang tanga 'to, I laughed and hit Tatsuya on the shoulders.

It was a lovely dinner. I helped them wash the dishes which is a whole ton, while the others did the other chores. After some time, I sat with the kids in the living room, telling them storis as such fairy tales for them. Nero, the little boy with green hair and red eyes, was so fond of such stories, as well as Ruru.

I heard another laugh, which made me look by the door of the living room, to see Tatsuya-kun laughing at me. I gave him a smile, making him blush and look away. Suddenly, my phone rang. I picked it up and sighed when I saw the caller ID. Shirou-nii's calling. Of course, I answered it.

"Are you going home?"

"YES," I screamed in panic. "Please don't kill me, I'll go home right now—"

"What the hell are you talking about, I'm just asking if you'll go home so we can pick you up. And since it's this late I don't think you can get here."

"E-eh?"

"Stay in there for tonight, Koori. We'll pick you up. Tomorrow."

"Aren't you gonna be mad?"

"Why would I? We know you're in Sun Garden. Don't get picked, we don't want you away. Again."

"Don' kill me." I whispered.

"We won't."

He dropped the call. I sighed in relief, and stood up from the couch. I'm about to leave when Tatsuya-kun gripped my arm, and gave me a reassuring smile. I sighed, again, and patted his hand, brushing it off my arm.

"No visitors tomorrow, no one will get picked away," said Tatsuya. "You'll stay here. Please."

"Just for tonight," Ireplied.

"Got issues? We got clothes, shower, spare towels, name it, I mean this is an orphanage so..."

"I only got trust issues," I replied.

Hitomiko-neesan gave me a room, with essentials. This is just for one night, I hope. I took a quick shower and put on some spare clothes. I sat on the futton bed and folded my clothes. I'll wear them tomorrow. I'm all alone. In the room. I probably can't sleep tonight, I'm not used to live alone. I stood up and went to Tatsuya-kun's room. He's already in the futton bed, laying down. He looked at me when he noticed me at the door, and quickly blushed and looked away.

"What the heck are you doing in here!?" he yelled in surprise.

"I can't sleep." I replied.

"Sleep with Reina, please for the sake of ourselves, SLEEP WITH REINA!"

"Stop yelling, TATSUYA!" screamed Midorikawa who was next to Tatsuya. "She's not deaf!"

"Well.... I... Uhh..." he stammered. "Well, sh*t..."

"Damn you, Tatsuya don't think of such things!" yelled Midorikawa and threw a pillow. "Koori-chan just go sleep with Reina, this pervert's not gonna sleep with you tonight."

I covered my ears and went back in my room. Since I cannot sleep for the next seven hours, I took my blanket and went out the room. I almost yelled in shock and jump in surprise when I saw Tatsuya-kun holding a telescope. With a smile.

"Goddarn it you scared me." I screamed and hit him on the shoulders.

"I'm going to the rooftop. Wanna come?"

===

The Third Fubuki