CHAPTER XVI

Chapter 16

I woke up from a nightmare. Chasing my breath, I sat down on the bed, sweating and panting for a nightmare I only get when I have fever. I looked at the floor and sighed, seeing  Shirou-nii sleeping while Atsu-nii sleeps on the sofa in this large room. I opened my night light and sighed, taking a sip from my glass of water. I also took my body temperature that doesn't seem to get lower by any minute.

I shivered when I felt all the coldness of the air. It was already the crack of dawn when I woke up. First time waking up early in my whole life. I always wake up late because I'm a heavy sleeper. I crept my way off the bed without waking Shirou-nii up, he won't allow me to move. Silently entering the bathroom holding a robe and a towel, I forced myself to take a quick shower. Curse this fever!

For someone who has a burning fever, I put on some warm clothes. Of course a towel on my back is a must, I hate sweating. A gray oversized shirt and a white cropped sweatshirt is enough, and also a pair of black pants. Dark enough to warm up my burning insides. I took my phone out my bag, to my happiness as I do not feel dizzy as the day before.

A smile crept on my lips when I saw a message. It's from Hiura-kun. I wondered how he got my number tho. Hiura-kun heard that I was sick so he'll pay a visit. Soon enough, I heard a knock on the door. Thrice knocking, I stood up from my bed and opened the door, greeted by a smiling familiar face.

"Hello!" greeted Hiura-kun and bowed lightly. "Sorry for interrupting, Fubuki-chan, I heard you're sick so I bought fruits along the way and a few snacks. How's your fever?"

"Slowly recovering," I replied and smiled. "How did you got my number tho?"

"I asked for it," said Hiura. "I'm happy you can move from your bed now."

"Sucks to be sick," i replied as I took the plastic bag of fruits. "Bananas, apples, avocados, citrus, pomelo-are we celebrating New Year?"

"No, we'll be celebrating your health, I believe you'll heal so-"

"Koori??"

Shoot! Anxiety rushed through my body when I heard my Atsu-nii called my name. I looked at him in fear as he shot his mad eyes at Hiura-kun, who was smiling at us. Atsu-nii smiled back, to my surprise. He seemed fine with him, ehh?.

"You're the Ice Prince of Raimon!" remarked Atsu-nii. "Are you paying my sister a visit?"

"I do," said Hiura-kun. "I heard she's sick."

"Appreciated," said Atsu-nii. "Come inside, tho Aniki's sleeping and Koori needs to rest."

"Ah, no need," said Hiura-kun and chuckled. "I'm not gonna stay tho."

"Awh, but it'll be lonely," said Atsu-nii and smiled. "Do you play board games?"

"Chess,"

I looked at Hiura-kun with bright eyes. Atsu-nii managed to persuade Hiura-kun inside as I placed the fruits on the table and Atsu-nii took a chessboard from my bag, and laid it on the table. I was about to stood up to peel a fruit, but Atsu-nii pushed me back to my chair and gave me the look. I know what does that mean. I sat down the chair, and smiled at Hiura-kun as he fixes the chess pieces.

Chess. How the hell did my brother knew I play chess, I never told anyone! I just sighed as I watch Hiura-kun move a piece. I moved mine too. He's surprised of how fast I move one piece from a square to another. Oh, Hiura-kun, that's just the tip of the ice berg. He was actually shocked after a match, because he just lost.

Shirou-nii woke up quite late but still welcomed Hiura-kun when he saw him. Hiura-kun had lunch with us and we played afterwards. It looks like my brothers welcomed him like he's no threat, whilist tjey call Kiyama-kun a red-haired dorkface, pfft. After a nice afternoon with board games, Hiura-kun bid goodbye to me.

"Be sure to attend the match and not get a fever, okay?" asked Hiura-kun and ruffled my hair. "I'll be watching you from the pitch."

"I would,"

====

The Third Fubuki

Eyy! Thank you for the reads guys! I really appreciate those reads although I can barely update because I was a lil busy with my life whshshs but thank you so much for the reads, I'm happy for those! I really really really appreciate it.

And also, sorry if my update today is short, I barely got time because I've been busy with my studies and work and extra studies lately whshs I hope you're all doing good folks! Thankies and loves!