C H A P T E R - F O U R T E E N

Serenity POV 

Two Months Later 

I sat silently in the car as I tried to take a peek at Chres over my large black sunglasses. "You good mama" Cameron asked finally pulling me out of my thoughts.

Halo and I had been staying with him since my separation from Chres a few months ago but this was just temporary until I could find my own house. The housing market right now was shit and it was harder to find a home than I initially thought it would be

 These past few weeks had been the hardest time of my life because Chres flat out refused to let me keep King while I shared a roof with Cam.

 I felt like I piece of my heart was constantly missing while not having King with me and it was hard to accept that legally he wasn't mine, so without Chres I couldn't have him.

It was the most stupid thing to me because even thought its not biological I have been the only mother that King has ever known. It had only been two weeks since we stopped arguing and accepted the fact that King would stay with him and Halo with me, but it didn't stop Chres from saying slick shit here and there.

I finally stepped out the car with Cameron trailing close behind so they we could do our exchange of Halo, the sun shined brightly against my back and I could feel the heat on my skin.

 My sweet girls face lit up when I opened her door to unbuckle her from the car seat, I smoothed her hair down and kissed her cheeks "I going to miss you mamas girl" I said to her.

It still pained me to let her out of my sight after her kidnapping but no matter how much of a cheating man whore Chres is he's still her father so we have to share her. 

"Its only for two days" Cameron reminded me as he wrapped an arm around my waist and guided me up the sidewalk towards Chres and Don.

Don was always here during our child exchange because we all knew that I wouldn't be able to break up a fight between the two men if it came to that and they consistently acted like high school girls the way tha they picked at each other.

Chres was still not over the kiss and Cam was still pissed that he shot him, hence why he tried to be all affectionate around Chres even though we were still not together romantically.

"What's up daddies girl" Chres excitedly said and removed Halo from my arms as soon as he could reach her. He cuddled her closely for a few moments before he finally acknowledged me.

"You still got this little bitch following you around baby mama" he asked with a smirk and looked Cam directly in his eyes, I felt Cam make a fist against my waist.

I rolled my eyes "Chres can we please not do this again and didn't I tell you to stop calling me your baby mama, it sounds so ghetto" I told him while rolling my eyes.

 I finally took a good look at him, he was shirtless and only wore a pain of basketball shirts and Nike slides with  baseball cap on backwards, upon closer inspection I finally noticed the bruise that covered half of his face.

"What happened to you" I asked him and he just shrugged like it was no big deal which annoyed me, I looked up at the clouds to calm myself before I said something rude.

He smiled brightly at me "Looks like you still have love for the kid" he said stupidly "And what am I supposed to call you since you said to stop calling you my wife" he continued and looked down at the fluffy grass on the ground.

I took a deep breath, Chres being unfaithful to me for so long was still a sore subject mainly because it was so hard to stop loving him even though he hurt me so badly "How about my name, which is Serenity and don't change the subject, I asked about your face" I reminded him.