C H A P T E R: T W E N T Y - T W O

Chres POV:

I snaked my arms around Serenity's waist as we watched a movie with the kids "So can I call you my wife again" I whispered into her ear with a smile.

About two weeks had passed since everything went down and I finally felt like things were good again. Moving to Virginia to be with my family was a big change that I was still adjusting to but waking up to my kids was worth it.

I handed most of my responsibilities to Don because we all knew he was never leaving Chicago and we decided that I would just fly there to check in once a month.

Serenity looked back and gave me a sly smile "Actually the divorce papers just came in so I don't know about that" I just gave her a straight face as she tried to contain her laughter.

It was still hard to believe that Cameron was the on who single handedly fucked up my marriage for two years, I missed out on so much potential growth with Serenity, possibly more babies and of course time that I could never get back.

Still it felt good to know that I wasn't just on the streets being reckless and cheating. 

Initially Serenity and I decided to take it slow and ease back into our marriage but after piping her down a few good times that was out the window and we were back to normal.

Halo popped her lips bringing me out of my thoughts "If yall are just going to talk through the movie then yall gotta get out" she said to us.

I knew already this little girl was going to be nothing but trouble "How about you get out" I said mocking her tone and she rolled her eyes.

"But daddy I was in here first and then all of yall wanted to be like me and watch my movie" Halo replied no longer looking at me. 

"Don't nobody want to be like you, I just like this movie" King said and pushed her off the couch, I leaned my head back already knowing that she was about to be dramatic and start crying.

She turned around and looked at us for a second before scrunching up her face to let out a scream "Don't start it Lo Lo" Serenity said trying to stop the waterworks before they started and it worked for a second.

"Crybaby" King taunted her with a laugh, she turned around and punched him in his shoulder while finally crying.

"I'm not even a crybaby, stupid head" she yelled getting more frustrated because King was holding her back by pushing on her forehead.

Serenity looked at me and I knew she was ready for me to break it up "Okay okay, King be nice and Halo stop being a crybaby" I told her. I knew it wouldn't help but she was literally crying right now so King did have a point.

"Thank you for being so helpful" Serenity said as she glared at me, King and I just laughed more as we watched Halo cuddle closer to her.

Maybe I would have felt bad for Halo but I caught her sneaking to stick her tongue out at her brother before going back to crying softly.

"So what did yall do in school today" I asked them, it was still hard figuring out what to talk to them about because it felt like the last time I had a good conversation with King he was still six and hadn't grown into his personality yet.

King shrugged "Nothing, this school stuff is stupid so I'm not really with it anymore" he said matter of factly, Serenity and I were dumb founded for a second.

"What's stupid about it" Serenity asked, I stayed quiet because I knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Listen mom, I'm a man now and I know what I want to do with my life" he said causing me to laugh.