C H A P T E R - T H R E E

Chres in the mm

Chres POV

"Listen up, there are going to be some changes around here starting now" I said while standing up and looking at the members of my gang. As I looked over I saw Alex's goofy ass trying to intimidate everyone and shook my head.

"One I'm bringing in some new recruits" I motioned towards the man standing to my right "This is Adonis, address him as Don he will be my new right hand" I said and smiled when I heard whispers around the room.

"Yes I said new, Key decided it would be a good idea to try and steal money from me so we can all take a guess where he is now" the room once again silenced until we heard the sound of doors slamming and heels clicked across the floor.

My heart started to race "Meeting is over, for now, meet back here later Don will give you the time" I said and rushed off towards my office.

I heard Alex burst out in laughter as I tried to run down the hall "Wassup mama Ren, where my baby at" he asked, and I knew he was trying to give me a chance to get away.

"Alexander get the hell out of my way, you should be in school right now" she said strictly, but not once did I hear her stop walking.

"Chres don't play with me" I heard Serenity yell and I slowly turned around to see her with her arms crossed tightly across her chest.

"Why did you sneak here" she asked before looking around at all the workers.

I smiled when she rolled her eyes "Office now" she told me and I shook my head while following her, the whole time she walked in front of me I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

It didn't matter how long we were together I would never get over how beautiful my wife is.

"Where are my babies" I asked when I noticed that she was short two people, the kids were not really allowed here which was why I thought she would stay home with them if she snuck out.

She ignored me and took a seat at my desk "Why did you leave me at home" she asked and I wanted to talk slick but I could see the hurt in her eyes.

"Ren you know why" I said, and I wasn't really lying I did want her as far away from here as possible but that wasn't the only reason.

She stood up causing the chair to fly backward "Stop trying to shut me out Chres, you let me be a part of this life for so long and now you want me to stay home" she asked and I nodded but was interrupted by the knocking on the door.

"We will talk about this at home, which is where you need to be" I said and went to open the door.

"Alright let's get straight to business" Clarence said walking in with Alex and Don next to him looking over some sheets of paper "My number one priority has been finding suitable security for Serenity" he said.

"What the fuck Chres" Serenity yelled causing Clarence to look at her with wide eyes.

"I uhh, wow, Serenity hello" Clarence stuttered but she didn't even glance at him.

"This is what you've been doing behind my back, finding me security when you know I don't need it" she said and I shook my head.

"Shit bout to get real around here, you need to be protected" Clarence said and I watched closely when she looked over at him and chuckled when I saw Alex giving him a death stare.

"Do either of you have security" she asked looking Clarence and me in our eyes, she shook her head and grabbed her purse and tried to walk away but I gently grabbed her arm.

"Renny please go home and I will be there soon for us to sit down and talk about it" I said and she tried to tug away but I pulled her to me into a tight hug.

I could feel her still trying to pull away but I just placed my lips to her forehead and whispered in her ear "I'm sorry Ren just let me explain and I'll do that thing you like with my tongue tonight" I said while secretly kissing her ear.

She loosened up a bit in my arms and sighed "Alright now go home, I'll meet you there soon" I told her and she nodded before walking away and I smacked her ass causing her to glare at me.

"Alex lets go, you coming with me and going back to school" she said and he groaned.

"Come on I'm taking care of grown man business" he said and Don scuffed, in the short amount of time he had been here like everyone else he had taken a liking to Alex.

The kid just looked so damn funny you just couldn't help but look at him and laugh.

You see Alex was great in the trap, good with convincing people and an even better shooter, but the flip side was he had just turned 18 and Serenity was set on him getting an education and wanted him away from all this so no one could really argue with her.

Serenity rolled her eyes "You won't grown when you got suspended for throwing paper balls at a teacher, now let's go" she said a final time before Alex playfully pushed her and walked out the door.

I took a deep breath before sitting at my desk "Trouble in paradise" Clarence asked with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah, you wish" I replied "Now who have you found" I asked referring to Serenity security.

The kids already had security so the only one who needed it was her

I had tried to get her one before but she shot him for following her to the mall and we never heard from him again.

He threw some papers at me so I could go through them "Cameron aged 25, nephew to one of my most loyal workers. I have him dealing right now but I can tell he can handle more than that" he said to me.

I nodded while listening "I've been putting him to the test, came with me to a deal which was a setup and that boy is a sharpshooter, headshots every time" he said and leaned back.

"Any problems out of him" I asked and he immediately shook his head.

"Set up a meeting with him, here tomorrow" I said standing up to leave.

"Aye Chres, don't forget we working on this shit together I don't work for you and you don't work for me" he said "the only reason I agreed to find her security is because you know I love that girl and I'll never see something bad happen to her"

I shook my head "Yeah just watch your step around my wife" I said before leaving out with Don.

I knew he had a thing for Ren but I also knew she won't going anywhere so he was not a threat. He was just annoying like a fly that keeps landing on your burger at a cookout.

"Just say the word and I'll shoot him" Don said and I looked over to see him with a smirk on his face.

I laughed "That won't be necessary" I told him "How's Ace" I asked.

"Nigga bad as shit, every time I turn around he doing something else" he said and I shook my head.

"Sound like King, ever since he learned how to open his room door all hell has broken loose me and Ren spend most of our time looking for him" I said smiling.

We walked to our cars "We should get the kids together sometime" I told him and remembered the cookout we were having soon "I'll send you the time and address"

He nodded and got in his car, while I leaned on mine and prepared for the crazy woman that would be waiting for me at home.