C H A P T E R - F I F T E E N

Serenity POV 

"So what I'm not understanding is why we cant just go kill Al" I complained to Cameron. We were sitting on his bed talking while watching a movie.

"Its not like we don't know where he is so what's the point of a whole as war when we could just kill him and be done with it" I continued but he pulled me closer into his arms.

"Okay think about it like this, let say hypothetically someone kill Chres, what's the next thing that would happen" he would ask me and I flinched a bit at the thought of Chres being dead.

"Well we going to kill who ever did that shit" I told him angrily, there was no one we would just let that shit go if someone gunned him down.

Cam massaged my shoulders "Calm down but bingo its that same shit with Al, we go straight to him and all his people coming after us. The point of the war is to run them so far down and scare them so bad that when we get to Al no one will want to retaliate" he told me before kissing my cheek.

I turned around and straddled his lap "I guess I get it but that's still stupid" I told him and pouted, he just leaned forward and pecked my lips.

"And that's why you don't get to make all the decisions baby girl" he said and I mushed him.

Things would be nice right now if not for the fear of what Al was going to do next. Chres and I had been successfully co-parenting and I had been enjoying my time with Cameron. It felt nice to have someone be there for me again.

"Okay it's time for me to go back to my own house" I cheered and rolled off the bed but Cam didn't look amused. 

He didn't like the fact that I had moved out but I loved it. This was the first time that I've ever lived alone and it felt good.

He grabbed my wait and pulled me in for a kiss "Or you could stay here with me" he begged "Please just stay with me" he said again.

"Jesus Cam you acting like I'm never coming back or something" I said with a laugh but he didn't laugh with me he just stood there like he was in pain.

I rolled my eyes and walked out to my car but he followed behind me "Come on I can order us a pizza and everything" he grabbed my arm before I yanked away from him.

"Cameron stop being weird, what is going on with you" I asked him, I was finally annoyed. I'm a grown ass woman and he was acting like a child trying to make me stay.

He started kissing me again and trying to take me back in the house but I punched him so he would put me down, I walked to my car and locked the doors as soon as I got in.

"I'll call you later" I mumbled before pulling off, I had to stop comparing every thing he did to Chres because its the only way I would every get over him but Chres would seriously never do some shit like that.

Some soft music played on the drive home and constantly checked my surroundings, for some reason today I was feeling a little paranoid, I even thought a car was following me for a while but they ended up turning onto another street way before I was near my house.

I took a deep breath before I got out the car and wished Halo and King were with me, I was feeling super lonely but it was not my weekend with them.

I walked into my house and dropped my stuff down before walking into the kitchen to make some coffee.

A branch smacked against the kitchen window and scared the shit out of me, I looked outside to see that the sky was getting dark and storm clouds were rolling in. 

I looked around, my house wasn't large by any means but it was the perfect size for a family. I had a open floor plan so that I was able to see the kids from almost anywhere and it was a one story home. I didn't want to be far away from the babies rooms and stairs were a small danger for my clumsy children.