C H A P T E R - S I X

Halo in the mm

Chres POV

I sat in my office at my desk working a few things when Alex walked in holding a little piece of paper with his typical big goofy ass smile on his face and he plopped in my chair.

"Wassup pops" he said putting his feet on my desk and I pushed them on the floor and raised an eyebrow at him. This nigga stressed me out almost as much as King did.

"Why you got Serenity at your school cause you want to be fighting, got her prissy ass trying to be ghetto" I said and we both laughed.

"Nah it was just some bullshit, nigga said he was going to beat my ass so I told him do it" he said with a shrug.

I looked him over and he sat with a careless facial expression and I remembered the day I pulled a gun on him. Alex looked so pitiful and one Serenity saw him I knew we were in trouble.

I hated his ass the first few months he stayed cause he always did some dumb shit and whenever I tried to confront him he ran and hid behind Serenity.

"Anyways aside from all that" he said and started smiling again "Look what I got today" he said sliding a paper across the desk and upon closer inspection, I saw that it was an ultrasound picture.

I smiled and held it up against his face "Well lil nigga" I dramatically sighed.

"What" he asked and I could tell that he was panicking a little, I just shook my head.

"Yo ass definitely doesn't need no DNA test cause this baby looks just like you, you both look like some ugly ass lil aliens" I said and started laughing.

He snatched the picture back and mocked me "Least me and my son ain't got them big ass heads like you and King" he shot back.

The two of us laughed for a while throwing insults back and forth at each other until we settled down and I looked him and the eyes, he immediately knew what I was bout to say.

"I know I gotta tell her, she just going to be so upset with me" he said looking down at the table and playing with his fingers.

It was only moments like this that I remembered Alex was only 18 and had been exposed to so much at a young age, the majority of times Alex was at my left side helping with and Don with deals and drops.

Quick to pull a gun a kill a nigga at a moments notice but afraid to tell lil ass Serenity he had a kid on the way.

I laughed "Come sit on daddy lap and let me drop some knowledge on you son" I said opening my arms out to him while struggling to keep a straight face.

Alex leaned back "Nigga getcho ol gay ass away from me before I tell Serenity you been eating up King fruity pebbles again" he said.

"Nigga you know you ate them last time" I defended myself, forgetting the topic of our conversation for a second "Nah but for real you know Serenity treat you like her little brother but loves you like her son" I told him and he watched me intently.

"She probably going to be hurt that you waited so long to tell her but you know there is nothing that can make her that mad at you" I told him honestly and he nodded.

"Alright, can Kahlani come over for dinner and we can tell her then" he asked and I smiled.

"Now that's grown man shit" I told him but our moment got interrupted when Don ran into the room out of breath.

Alex and I stood up at full attention "They took over the trap on 76th everyone dead and they sent a threat out to our families" he said with a look of hurt upon his face.

I sighed and ran a hand down my face, before I got the chance to tell Alex to go back and protect Halo he had already put his jacket on and was on his way out the door.

I nodded at his quick work, "Don get out of here, go get Ace and take him to my crib with Ren and the kids he'll be safe there" I said "Then meet me back, I'll get in contact with Clarence and have him meet us here" I said sending him on his way.

I took a deep breath before calling the workers at my house "10-10" I said quickly before hanging up so I could call Serenity.

She answered on the last ring "Chresanto what the hell is going on" she yelled out "Why is everybody in full panic, where is Alex" she asked in one breath.

"Nothing that we know of yet" I told her "Just one of the traps go shot up and they sent out some threats" I said and I heard her inhale a deep breath.

"Mama where dad" I heard King ask in the background and I smiled.

"Hold on baby, Chres where is Alex" she said breathing heavily and I finally realized her fears, Alex was supposed to be running the trap that got shot up.

"Baby calm down, he wasn't there" I said speaking softly, wishing I was there with her

"He wasnt" she asked in an unconvinced tone

"He was here with me, about to go there but he is on his way to you now" I said and at the same time I heard a door swing open on her end.

"Is Halo okay" he asked with panic in his voice, I heard Serenity break out in tears "Alex I thought you were gone" she cried out.

The phone muffled "Stop crying, you staining my white tea with your crybaby tears" he said trying to laugh.

I heard his voice loud and clear on the phone "Baby bird is secured in the nest" he said and I nodded.

I shook my head when I remembered about Alex's baby mama, she was not safe and he was so worried about protecting my child that he had forgotten about his own.

"I'm sending Kahlani to the house" I told him and he breathed heavily.

"Thanks pops" he said and I could hear the smile in his voice, I tried to keep my face straight.

"Call me pop again and Imma pop yo ass with this glock" I told him.

"Yeah yeah, Imma get back with you cause I can't do my job if I'm on the phone, you know I don't like multitasking when I'm doing something important" he told me.

"Alright, I'll hit you with you an update when I can" I told him.

"Catch you later pops" he said.

"Nigaa what I jus-" I started but he hung up on me laughing and I shook my head

--------------------------------------

awww my baby Alex scared to tell Ren that he has a kid on the way.

Welp I just posted 7 chapters in one night, i need everyone to vote comment and share this chapter and the other ones for the next update.

 Let's try to get every chapter to 10 votes and 4 comments and I will update (pinky promise)