C H A P T E R - E I G H T E E N

Chres POV

"Dad please can I come back to Chicago with you, it's summer break" King pleaded as I packed my bags before my flight.

Of course I wanted him to come with me, hell I didn't want to leave any of them behind but I knew that Serenity was still a little scared and she had some reason to be but the situation had really calmed down over the past two years.

I rubbed my hand against my hair "I don't know if your mom is really going to be feeling that King" I said hoping he would drop the subject but it was hard to tell him no.

"But its more fun with you because we can do guy stuff" he said and I finally laughed wondering what was this guy stuff he was referring to.

I sighed and sat down "Go get some shit together and I'll talk to your mom but no promises" I said before walking downstairs to the kitchen where Serenity and Halo were.

I took a seat beside Halo at the table "Who is that" I said while looking at her tablet. She was watching a music video and bopping her head along.

"That's my baby Pop Smoke" she said without looking over at me and Serenity burst out laughing.

I closed out of Apple Music on her tablet and she gave me the stink eye "Call another man your baby and that's your ass Halo" I told her and she pouted.

I don't know where time went, it felt like she had just been born and now she was sitting here calling men her baby.

"But that's what mommy says when she listens to him in the car" Halo whined and I shook my head seeing that Serenity was no longer laughing she just had an innocent smile on her face.

"Oh that's what mommy says" I taunted before going over to Serenity and wrapping my arms around her waist "I thought I was your baby, at least that what you said last night" I whispered in her ear.

She blushed and pushed me away "I don't know what she's talking about, who is this Pop Smoke you refer to" Serenity asked Halo with a laugh.

Halo rolled her little eyes "Mommy you know" she broke into a rap impression "Christian Dior Dior, I'm up in all the stores, when it rains it pours" we all started laughing more.

"Oh that Pop Smoke, yeah that's my baby" Serenity joked and kissed Halo's cheeks causing her to giggle.

"Aye Serenity, you cool with King coming back to Chicago with me for a few weeks, dang babe you looking good today" I said trying to quickly slide into the conversation while she was in a good mood.

"Nah don't try to breeze past that, your the one who said it was safer for him here" Serenity said while sending Halo off to play.

I held onto her hands and kissed them "Yeah I did say that, two years ago. Shit has really cooled off since then" I tried to convince her.

I could tell she was thinking about it because he face was all scrunched up, I kissed her lips "Stop, you look constipated" I said and she frowned a bit "He's been asking me and I cant keep making up reasons why the answer is no" I told her.

I knew all to well what it felt like to have a father who never spent time with me and I never wanted that for my son, sure for awhile it was for his safety but now it had shifted to her just being scared.

"You better keep my baby safe" she said looking down at the floor and I could tell it pained her to say that.

"Give me a little credit, that's my kid too" I said and kissed her cheek "Now I'm going to go and tell him the good news. 

I ran up the steps with the biggest smile on my face and finally found King trying to zip his suitcase.

"Alright lil nigga, you ready to go to Chicago and do some guy stuff" I asked repeating what he said to me earlier.