this is just the beginning

Ray drove the Ecto-1 in front of the apartment complex; already a crowd of people waiting for the five of them to show up. There were tons of cop cars and a couple of fire trucks. What were they gonna do, spray ghosts with water?

"Hello, New York!" Peter said as he stepped out of the car, Winston following behind him. "Gotta run, got a date with a ghost!" He said as he put on his proton pack.

"Okay, whatever happens, let's be professionals," Peter said.

"I think the only one out of all of us that acts the most unprofessional is you, Peter," Silvia said.

"Hey!" Peter complained. Even the military was there, wow. The five of them stood in front of the building, preparing themselves mentally and emotionally. Dark clouds and lightning formed at the top of the building, scaring everyone down below.

"We might have to put a little overtime in on this one!" Ray shouts to them. As he said that, the sidewalk and concrete started to crack and separate, the concrete falling beneath their feet. The five of them fell into a hole where the concrete used to be, a cop car falling behind them.

"Look out for the car!" Silvia shouted as she covered her head, the rest of them doing the same. Luckily the car came to a stop before it could hit any of them. "Really? Are these spirits trying to kill us before we even got to the fight? That's unfair."

"Is everyone all right?" Ray shouted to them.

"I'm okay," Egon said, trying to climb back up through the rubble. As they all climbed out from under the rubble, the crowd cheered for them.

"I was in no way prepared for that," Ray said.

"Me either," Silvia added.

"The ghosts wanna play rough. Wanna play rough?" Peter said.

"Yeah!" Ray commented enthusiastically. The five of them put their hands together in a circle, Silvia gave Egon a small side smile as their hands touched. They raised their hands in the air joyfully, running off into the apartment shortly after.

————

"Where are we?" Ray asked as they all trudged up the stairs that seemed to go on forever.

"It looks like we're in the teens somewhere," Ray replied.

"Well when we get to twenty, tell me. I'm gonna throw up." Peter said, and with that, they continued back up the stairs. Silvia counted until they got to floor nineteen.

"We're almost there guys." Silvia sighed heavily. "I don't think wearing combat boots was the best option for my feet today."

————

"Twenty-two, is this it?" Ray asked, looking at the sign saying 'floor 22'.

"Yep," Peter said. They walked to the side and into a hallway that was, pardon my French, a fucking mess.

"Art deco, very nice," Egon commented.

"Where is it?" Ray asked.

"It's at the end of the hall," Peter said, pointing. Once they got to the end of the hall, Peter kicked at a door, it falling and breaking instantly. They walked through the doorway and onto where Dana's apartment was.

"Hey, where do these stairs go?" Ray asks, pointing to some random stairs that appeared out of nowhere.

"They go up," Silvia replied as she walked past them and up the stairs, seeing electricity strike, opening two doors, as if it were a gateway to something. Peter watched in horror as Dana, his would-be girlfriend was electrocuted and then turned into the dog creatures from earlier.