party time

some months later (June or July)
—————

Silvia sat at her vanity as she applied a nude shade of non-transferable lipstick to her lips. Janine was behind her, helping with her hair. Silvia had her hair styled in one big braid with a mini-braid wrapped around it.

"How's it looking, Janine?" Silvia asked.

"Your hair is perfect. Your dress is perfect, everything is looking perfect because it's your special day!" Janine said excitedly. Silvia finished applying her lipstick, then put it away.

"I'm nervous, Janine. I feel like I'm about to puke, but I'm not going to because this is a white dress." Silvia said, slumping into the back of her chair at the vanity.

"The nervous jitters will leave as soon as you see him, trust me," Janine said, smiling at her reassuringly. "I'll be back in a second."

Janine exited Silvia's room back at her and Egon's apartment (the guys were getting ready at the firehouse so Egon didn't accidentally see her before the wedding), leaving Silvia to sit alone in silence. She sighed, it was almost time to go and get married and her jitters hadn't left yet. If anything, they just got worse.

At the firehouse (chaos)

The guys were running around, trying to get themselves ready while helping Egon prepare for his special day. Egon felt like he was sweating bullets because of how nervous he was.

"Guys, how do you tie a bow tie?? I only know how to do neckties!!" Egon shouted, hoping one of them heard and was willing to help him.

"I got you," Winston said. Egon handed him the tie as Winston worked his magic. Egon looked in the bathroom mirror in awe.

"What kind of sorcery was that? You tied it so perfectly." Egon said as he flipped the collar on his white button-up shirt back down.

"A magician never reveals his secrets," Winston said before walking off. Egon thanked him before he left, then exited the bathroom and went to the kitchen to get a snack.

"Egon, are you eating out of nervousness?" Ray asked. Egon stopped eating the Cheez-its labeled with his name on them.

"No..." Egon said with his mouth stuffed. Ray shook his head and then took the Cheez-it's box out of his hands, setting it back into a cupboard.

"I know you're nervous, but you're...you. I know you'll survive. You love her, don't you?" Ray asked, Egon shook his head yes. "I know you have the courage to go and do this. You've been my friend for a long time, and I don't think I've ever seen you this happy."

"Thank you, Ray."

"Anytime."

—————

The wedding wasn't this big thing, it was just mainly friends and Winston's family. Egon stood at the altar anxiously as his friends stood next to him, Janine being the only bridesmaid. Everyone stood up as Silvia walked down the aisle, Winston's family waving hi to her.

This might be the best and most nerve-wracking moment of my life, holy crap. Silvia freaked out to herself as she walked up the small stairs to the altar. Once the priest finished reading out of his giant book, it was time for I do's.

"Silvia, do you take Egon to be your wedded husband to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him so long as you both shall live?" The priest asks her.

"I do."

"Egon, do you take Silvia to be your wedded wife to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her so long as you both shall live?" The priest asks him.