14] ─◌✰್ Quidditch Victory

┌─── ・ 。゚☆:

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───┐
𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲
└─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───┘

T'was the morning of the match between the Gryffindors and Slytherins, everyone was exchanging words on how excited they are to watch Gryffindors playing again.

James and Sirius sat with their quidditch jumpers, eating casually as the others around praised, lionized, and prayed for them to win the match.

Once breakfast was over, some students were already in the quidditch stands; claiming a good spot with a wide view of the pitch so they can see the match clearly.

[Y/N] approached James and Sirius, embracing James in a good luck hug. "Best of luck for you, Jamesy!" she sent him a sweet smile, in which he returned gracefully.

"No good luck hug for me?" Sirius asked, swinging his beater's stick around, it nearly knocked James' head.

"And as for you Black, I hope you knock your head with your own beater's stick," [Y/N] said and gave him a sarcastic hug —if that's even possible.

"[Y/N]! [Y'N]!" Alice called, waving his hands in midair for her to sight, "Come faster or we won't get a good spot!"

"Coming!" the girl replied. She sprinted her way to Alice, yelling a 'good luck' one last time to James and Sirius.

From the stands where she stood, her eyes caught a certain brunette Hufflepuff, she immediately recognized her. "Ari! Oh how long have we not met!"

The young Hufflepuff was standing not far from her, having a red and gold flag in her hands. It was clear that she's supporting Gryffindor.

Ariana bolted in revelation, scanning her eyes in search of the familiar voice of her best friend. "You inflatable cat!"

[Y/N] laughed in divert, oh how much she loves Ariana's random thoughts that would burst out of nowhere. "What does that supposed to mean? I sometimes do not understand your saying."

"Hey, shut your mouth," Ariana nudged her arms playfully before she added, "You literally scared the soul out of me, so in struck, I said something out of the blue."

[Y/N] chuckled at her defensive manner, turning her head towards the pitch to watch the game before her. James hurled the quaffle, making it flew past the goalpost as for the Slytherin keeper was too slow to block the income.

The Gryffindor supporters cheered as the commentator stated that it's 20-10 —Gryffindor leading.

The game continued and at last, Marlene McKinnon —the Gryffindor seeker, caught the snitch.

"My best mate, Marlie has caught the snitch!" the commentator (in which [Y/N] didn't know the name) announced— well, screamed in victory. "230 to 70! Gryffindor won the 1976 quidditch cup!"

[Y/N] jumped in happiness, running to James as his broom flew down to the grass. "Jamesie! I'm so proud of you!" she yelled in his ears as she engulfed him in a bone crushing hug.

Sirius came from behind and squeezed the two twins in contentment, yelling words that cannot be comprehended.

"Party at the Gryffindor common room this evening at 6!" said the boy with black hair.

James grinned before adding, "Everyone is invited!"

By now, Remus and Peter had arrived, congratulating their two best friends with huge smiles on their faces.

✩✩✩✩✩

The party was the same, James and Sirius dancing on top of a table while being drunk, Peter passing out on the armchair, and Remus not drinking any since he's got to scold his three friends to bed.

Remus even canceled his prefect duty due to this matter.

[Y/N] and the girls were enjoying themselves for once, Dorcas was completely drunk, talking to Marlene who was in an exact same state of drunk as she was.

Alice was talking to Frank, she had told them that they've been in several dates here and there. But unfortunately for her, [Y/N] and the others will never stop on teasing the hell out of her.

[Y/N] has sipped one or two spiked drinks during the time, whatever alcohol Sirius brought was too bitter and fiery, burning her throat very horribly. And she will never drink it again. Ever.

It was actually the first time the girl has ever drunk alcoholic beverages. Euphemia and Fleamont would never allow their children to even touch the cupboard filled with whiskey and beers.

"Let's play spin the bottle!" James shouted to everyone. He thought that it would be a great idea to play that game whilst being drunk.

A round of students gathered on the carpeted floor in a circle, a red glass bottle was placed in the middle, presumably one of the whiskey's.

"Siri, you go first!"

A few girls stared at the bottle with bulging eyes; hoping for the bottle to land on their direction. Instead, the glass landed on a boy with white hair, bright blue eyes that held a dumbstruck look.

"Come on you!" Sirius snickered, motioning him to come closer to himself.

The round kept going, James had jinxed the bottle to land on Lily but she rejected him in a matter of millisecond.

Once it was [Y/N]'s turn, the bottle pointed towards Remus. But before he can do anything, and before [Y/N] can protest, James had stopped the party since he thinks was enough.

And not to mention, it was extremely late, too.