C H A P T E R S E V E N T Y

While Miguel was being seen by the medics, they moved on to Robby and Demetri's match

"Robby Keene is ahead one-nothing as he and Demetri Alexopolous battle it out."

Demetri and Robby continued to go after each other until Robby struck Demetri in the mid-section and earned his second point.

Nicole frowned and shook her head.

They were told to go to their sensei's.

"Alright, that's okay." Daniel assured.

"I had a hard time beating him when he was on the good side of the force. Now that he's gone all Sith, I feel like a helpless Jedi youngling about to get slaughtered." Demetri said.

"What did he just say?" Sam whispered.

"Star Wars reference."

"Well, you're taller. You have the high ground. That's how Obi-wan beat Anakin." Eli reminded.

"I don't know what any of that means," A voice said. "But you are Demetri Alexopolous and you have grown so much at karate. I know you have it in you to beat his sorry ass."

They all turned to see Courtney.

"Court?" Nicole furrowed her eyebrows.

"What? Sitting in that crowd is getting boring. I like it much better on the sidelines."

"I like her much better on the sidelines too." Demetri nodded.

Courtney smiled and walked up to him, pulling him in for a kiss.

"You can do it, babe. I know you."

"Alright, you guys all have to stop it with the kissing. Just remember your fundamentals, Demetri. Breathe in, breathe out, breathe through, you got this. Come on, Demetri." Daniel encouraged.

They bowed to each other and Demetri went back on the mat.

"So does this mean I can be assistant sensei? I think Sensei McCormick has a nice ring to it." Courtney smirked.

"Do you promise to keep the talking and the kissing to a minimum?" Daniel raised his eyebrows.

"Hm. I guess so."

"Then fine. You can stay and be... 'assistant sensei.'"

"Yes!"

Demetri and Robby went again and continued blocking each other. Demetri sent Robby flying to true may and almost scored a point, but Robby jumped up.

Robby went at him again, but Demetri blocked until Robby swept him off of his feet and earned the last point.

"Shit." Nicole muttered.

Courtney folded her arms. "Oh, now Robby's gonna get my stink eye."

Robby looked over at Courtney and he raised his eyebrows.