Part 5

Yuu's POV

When I wake up for the second time Ro isn't on top of me but I can still feel him beside me. I crack one eye open and peek at him. He's smiling down at me with his head propped up on his hand. I shut my eyes again and groan. "Why didn't you wake me up before getting dressed dummy?"

"But you're so cute when you sleep" he whined, then pulled me into a tight hug. I sigh, feeling relieved that he seems back to normal.

"Thank you Yuu" it was almost a whisper. I ruffle his hair, "Don't mention it, I won't let you lose anyone ever again."

Before Ro even registered my mistake, my body stiffened. DAMNIT I knew I was going to slip up, I've gotten too comfortable with him.

Ro looks at me curiously. "You mean Shin?'

"Fuck, this isn't how I wanted to tell you." Now I'm the one whispering

He cocks his eyebrow "Tell me what? That you're Yusuke?"

"Huh? You've known?"

What the fuck why didn't he say anything? I push his arms off of me and sit up. "For how long?"

"I've always thought you were familiar but I figured out why last night when you yelled over two whole gangs fighting, "MANJIRO, I'VE ALWAYS GOT YOUR BACK". You always had a set of lungs on you when you were younger and I finally placed those words. You would say that to me when we were at the playground and I would pick fights with the bigger kids."

"And last night when you yelled that everything clicked into place" he continued. "I was surprised to find out my little Yusuke had turned into such a hottie"

"What the hell man." I cover my face with my hands and sink back into the bed. I punch him lightly on the shoulder. "Ya know Emma recognized me right away, why did it take you so long?"

"Well excuseeee me" his words were dripping with sarcasm. "I thought you were a boy!!"

I laugh. "You were the only one idiotttt, everyone else knew."

We talked for a bit more, not really about anything serious, I asked about gramps, and about what everyone did after I left Japan. He asked me about what I did in the US, and why I had come back.

Around 9am we got up to visit Draken, and take Emma a fresh pair of clothes. When I grabbed Emma her clothes I looked around for something I could wear but it was all way too girly and/or revealing for me. I decided to stick with what I had, I just tied the drawstring tight on the sweats. Ro also insisted I wear one of his sweatshirts saying it was a little chilly outside.

When we got downstairs gramps was in the kitchen drinking a coffee. I didn't think that was going to choke me up as much as it did but I had forgotten how much of a father figure he was to me. He was facing away from the door looking out the window. Ro saw me watching him and gently pushed me in his direction. "Go, he's missed you too ya know."

I hesitate, Ro lightly pushes me again. "Gramps?" My voice cracks. He turns around and his eyes light up. "Yusuke!" His deep voice boomed throughout the house, the neighbors probably heard it. He holds his arms open and moves towards me a bit, I rush into him. And then I was crying "Gramps, dad wouldn't let me say bye, I missed you so much. And he wouldn't let me come back for the funeral" All of my words were practically gibberish. He rubbed my back "shhh, it's okay, I know"

After my tears dry I look back to where Ro is leaning against the door frame watching us, I see the love in his eyes. I look back at Gramps and there is love in his eyes as well. I smile, I'm so damn lucky to have met these people.

"Sorry Gramps, we've gotta go, but I promise I'm gonna be coming back and you know I can't wait to eat your cooking."

He laughs, a real deep hearty laugh. I missed that.
"I love you!!" I call out as I pull Ro to the door with me.