Part 16

Yuu's POV

I knew Ro was going to try to stop me as soon as I said it but still I can't shake the feeling that those fuckers should die.

He met my eyes and looked like he had aged 10 years in just one day. "I don't have enough energy right now to lie and tell you that those pieces of shit should live to see another day but I can't see you go to juvie over this, please I can't handle losing you." He sounds so defeated and I know he's right, If I kill them I cant be with everyone. My determination melted just as quickly as it had appeared.

"You're right.... I just can't... not do something.. plus I need to go, Takemitchy probably went without us and is in way over his head."

He just responds with a sigh. He can't handle this right now, I just know. "Manjiro, stay with Emma. Draken, lets go." Ken nods and starts to walk towards the exit, trying to let us have a moment alone I assume.

"I can't let you go without me." He says laying his face in his hand. "You don't have a choice, you need to be here with her, Ken and I can handle it." He looks up at me with a pained expression and his voice cracks as he says "Yuu, please be careful, without you I don't know..." his words trail off.

I have to make him feel better, reassure him. "If you can't live without me then propose already" I lean and give him the sweetest and most gentle kiss I'm capable of, treating him like a vase with a crack, that could break from the slightest pressure. My hand rests on his cheek for a moment before I give him one last kiss on the forehead. "Keep her safe for me, okay?"

Manjiro simply nods and holds out my phone, I'm not sure when he picked it up but he presses it into my palm along with the keys to his bike and says "Please call me when you're done"

"I will baby" and with that I'm walking away, I can't look back because my resolve will waiver if I spend another second looking at him.

When I finally reach the outside of the hospital Draken is leaned against the wall to my right, "You ready?" he shrugs "Just wanna get this over with so I can be with her".

I don't have anything to say except "Me too".

I make my way back to Ro's bike and tell Ken I'll meet him there, it surprisingly doesn't have any tickets. Before I get on I check my appearance in the bikes mirror, my face is tear stained, my eyes are red, and my hair is a tangled mess. Whatever, who fucking cares anyway, I'm about to act crazy so I might as well look like it too.

When I pull up its about what I expected, nobody is paying attention to us since they're all focused on the fight so I have time to take a quick stock of all of the Toman guys. Nobody looks fatally wounded, though I'm not sure how Takemitchy is still standing when I get there.

When I finally turn my attention to the fight I hear something that sends my heart soaring. Even though Takemitchy is bruised, bloody, swollen he looks one of the Tenjiku guys right in the eyes with that determined look and says "AS LONG AS I AM HERE, TOMAN WON'T LOSE!".

I laugh, its the only noise in the abandoned yard aside from the small murmurs that run through the crowd so every head turns to me. Draken starts to walk forward and I simply hold my arm out telling him to let me handle it for now, he just nods.

"Goddamn Takemitchy, you are like a hero out of a comic, you don't know when to give up. I like that about you." When I reach him I gently pat his shoulder and lean in to whisper "I'll handle it from here, you did well." tears spill down his cheeks.

The guy in the Tenjiku uniform looks at me a bit funny, I don't think I've ever met him before. "Yo, names Yuu nice to meet ya. Sorry to break it to you but I have no interest in fighting you, I'm here for Kisaki, Hanma, and Izana. I hope you'll forgive me for this though".