Chapter 9 "Old comrade"

Mirabel runned early in the morning in Casita. Her grandma caught her.

"Mirabel where are you going this early?"
"Um..Just outside.."
"Don't tell me.."
"What is it Abuela?"
"You are going to meet that samurai again?"
"Is there some problem?"
"Mirabel..I have heard in town that you are..hanging out with that outlander...She isn't good company for you.."
"But Abuela..I promised that..I will..."
"Keep your distance out of her..Mirabel!.."
"She saved me!"
"Do as I say! Her friend there tried to kidnap Dolores and Isabela!"
"It wasn't her fault!"
"Mirabel!"

Mirabel looked at her family. Eventhough Jian had saved her there were some of them who didn't trust her...It seemed like you were still outlander for Madrigals..

Mirabel was sad about it. She had promised to come to you and look at your training..and now she couldn't do that.

Jian on the other hand was waiting near by tree in Casita. She heard yelling and then sighed.

Madrigals are such complex family are they? It's hard to believe that..they believe rumors rather than actions. If I wasn't there when those demons were attacking they could easily eat Mirabel..Tch..Ungreatful..Well..I am going to train now..

Jian sighed and said:

"Zen Shūchū no Kokyū"

"Well..well..Where you think you are going?"

"Eh..?"

"Don'tchu wanna say your opinion Shuiro-san?"

"I don't understand what you guys have so much against her! If it wasn't for her I would been dead!"

"Her..friends..Are so weird..Who would have three wives? Or that Senjuro boy..Why would he have same hair as Jian huh?" asked Camilo

"What are you talking about? He is Jian's cousin."

"It's just weird..And her shoes and outfit..Not so girly or from here." said Luisa

"Oh..my..Are you talking about my former comrade like that?" asked voice.

Madrigals looked up and saw a girl who was wearing butterfly haori and the same outfit as Jian.

"Who are you?!"
"Come down already!"

"Oh..Why are you so angry though?"

Butterfly haori wearing girl came down.

"Are you looking for Jian? Well that fool isn't here."

Girl gigled and then said:

"You are talking about Shuiro right? You people..I heard from Tengen that she saved your daughter or some girl from the family..huh.And you guys are still talking to her like she is the outlander.."

"Who are you anyways? What this is for you?"

"Oh..Sorry I forgot to introduse myself. I am Koncho Shinobu...Insect Hashira..Nice to meet you."

Hashira?

"Wait you know Jian!"
"Why of course..She used slay demons..In demon slayer corps..Very talented young lady."
(Yeah..Says you when you are younger than Shuiro..Sorry..Moving on...)
"What are you doing here?"
"I am here for getting Tengen back to Japan and the same time keeping eyes on demons."

Abuela looked angrily at Shinobu.

"How come girls are in the battle with those monsters? Why don't you leave fighting for boys? It's not very lady like..to fight."

Shinobu gigled and then took a serious glance at Abuela.

"Mrs.Madrigal do you know how many lives those demons have took? I don't think so. It's really disrespectful to those who had trained their life for it. And what you said about girls killing those things..It felt like personal attack..I been doing this for long time and my sister used do this too..Mrs.Madrigal..Not only you are talking about my former comarade like that..She had been living here right? Are you saying that her appereance is the problem? Or the things she had to go through..Oh you are here already! And please come down off the roof..Shuiro.

Then Madrigals looked at the roof and saw Jian with cold stare in her eyes. She wasn't convinced about the Madrigals but she still wanted to fix their relationship which was weirdly not fixed since she had saved Mirabel.

"Shinobu.."
"Hi!"
"Where is Giyu?"
"Huh?"

"Oh..You are interested about your former master wherebouts?"
"Of course..Shinobu."
"Fine.."

Jian bowed to Shinobu.

"Shuiro dear..You don't have to bow..Remember you are not with corps anymore.."

"Oh..sorry..Force of habit."

Why is she bowing to her? It's isn't like she is her master right? Something about these two..

(Oh..If you are wondering who is thinking like that it's Mirabel) 

"You see Shuiro-san..You are just like your master..Nobody likes you."

"Eh? What was that Shinobu?..I was just being polite..you know?..What? Is your healer ability gone?

What kind of the healer is she?

Jian stared at Shinobu.

"I healed you many times remember..Shuiro-san..show some respect.."

"No wonder Master Giyu doesn't like you. I am older than you. Don't use your hashira position against me.I am still Kinoto..So I am not far behind you..Anyways...Can you stop teasing on me? And get to a point?"

"Yeah..Yeah..Shuiro by the way we might need your help. And stop being so sensitive."

"What is it?"

"In this village there are reported to be demons..Have you seen them?"
"Just couple of days ago..Why?"

"It seems like there will be more to come."

Jian furrowed her eyebrowns.

"Okay...So we need to protect villagers."

"Yeah..It will be quite difficult..but we will manage.."

"You have three hashiras here why do you need my help?"

"Because of your ability to see demons in human boddies and also your abilities will be in good use Shuiro Rengoku."

(Chapter 9 📝📍)