Chapter 17

Tom POV: over a year had gone by since y/n left. Nothing felt the same. When she was by my side I felt my best. I wish I knew that at the time. I hadn't slept well hadn't eaten like I use to. I wasn't nearly as strict as I should be. Life just seemed to have no meaning. Everyday I did the same thing, get a cup of morning tea, sit down at my desk and work, pretend to yell and get all angry which never was convincing.
I was in my office working when Harrison came in.
"Hey mate" I said barely looking up.
"Tom. It has been over a year. You have to get back to your old self."
"When I'm good and ready Harrison" I said sternly.
"And when will that be? You always hated the girl. Now you can't live without her? You shouldn't let someone run your life like that. Especially if she's not even coming back for you."
I punched him in the face. I didn't mean to but my anger got the best of me. As soon as I did it I instantly felt guilty.
"I'm sorry" I said under my breath.
"You know what, until you have your attitude and life figured out I'm done working for you." Harrison said grabbing his jacket he always left in my office and walking out.
"Mate come on" I said walking with him to the door.
"No this is crazy"
At this point I let him leave. What's another person to walk out on me?

Y/N POV:
Everything had been going great. Since I had Sam by my side, I felt more like myself again. The same way I use to act when we were younger. I will say some old feelings were started to creep up that I didn't know were still there. I had no idea if he felt the same but I tried my best to keep business business and not get involved in love life to quickly.
"So Sam, I was thinking. We should host a big gala, you know to get our business out there and get even more clients than we have now."
"I think that's a great idea! I'll get right on it for you."
"Thanks so much!"
"But there is a condition."
My head perked up.
"Oooookk... what's the condition?" I asked nervously.
"I want you to be my date" he said smiling. This was the most confident I had seen him.
"Yeah sure why not?" I said smiling back
Oh shit. So much for keeping business business.

**3 weeks later**

Y/n POV:
The gala dinner had finally arrived! I couldn't believe after 3 weeks of planning it was here! To have my own gala dinner is honestly hard to believe! And I have a date that's a plus! I told Sam to send out all the invites as I was busy with work and planning other arrangements for the dinner. The dress I picked out was a short black dress with lace at the top by Betsy Johnson (your fav designer!) and paired with black heels

 The dress I picked out was a short black dress with lace at the top by Betsy Johnson (your fav designer!) and paired with black heels

You curled your hair and left it down. You wanted to look as hot as humanly possible. It was your dinner after all. Once you finished your makeup, you walked downstairs to meet Sam who had on a tux.
"Woah"
"Do I look okay?" You asked
He shook his head up and down while his mouth was wide open.
"Ugh come on" you said laughing pulling him to where the car was. Your driver took the both of you to where you were hosting the gala. Shortly after many mob leaders and their dates arrived. Everything was going super smoothly. I decided to take some stress of and go to the bar for a drink.
"Coke with vodka and don't stop until I'm drunk" I told the bartender

Tom POV:
I received an invite in the mail about going to a gala dinner. I didn't want to but knew I needed to get out of the house. I already lost two people in my life. I got up and got dressed. I decided to bring a date with me so I looked like I had my life together. Her name is Zendaya and she is a daughter of my dads friend. Nice girl but not the type I want to do date. We arrived and had small talk with a few people.
"I'm going to go get a drink. Do you want anything?"
"I'm fine thanks" Zendaya said with a smile. I got up and sat down at the bar next to some extremely gorgeous girl. I wanted to talk to her but I was afraid. Wait I'm fucking Tom Holland. I can get whatever girl I want.
"How are you doing?" I asked the girl next to me
"Fine just trying to relax a bit" she replied taking a sip of her drink.
"I understand that completely. I'm sorry but you look awfully familiar. Have we met?" I asked
This time she actually looked at me and spit out her big sip that she had just taken.
"Uh nope. You have definitely never met me before. Well gotta go bye!"
Weird I thought to myself but shrugged it off.

Y/N pov:
Tom. Tom was fucking at my gala dinner and there was only one person responsible...Sam