September 2017.

*Edited*

OLLI'S POV

Gosh, she's so beautiful.

Why won't you be mine Bella? I need you to be mine so so bad. The things I would do to you...

'Kiss her you idiot.'
I ignore my conscience shouting at me again.

As much as I want to, I can't. I made a promise to her and myself, that I would wait for her. I would wait an eternity to be with her, she's worth that and more.

"I'm sorry, that was weird."
I finally say after realizing I've been staring at her, lost in thought. Again.

I hope my kiss comment doesn't push her away from me, however would I live?

"No, no. It's ok."
Her beautiful, perky, and round lips manage to say.

I have to hold myself with all my might to not kiss her right now. It's increasingly difficult to not only be around this goddess of a woman, but to live with her and not be able to...

"Oliver dear.."
My heart tightens.

"Mother?"
My voice is soft, like she would just fall apart if I spoke a tone louder.

She looks so weak and I have a lot of questions. I don't ask them, I instead run to her side to hold her so she doesn't fall.

Bella holds her on the other side and we walk her to the bed.

"I'm sorry sweetheart. I simply had to see you."
It takes so much for me to not be a crying mess right now.

My mother, the strongest person I know. The person who used to walk 10 miles to get to work. She would come back home on weekends, tired no doubt, but she would still make sure that we all had everything that we needed.

My selfless, superwoman of a mom who's done it all can barely walk. Time has done a number on her. 

I sit by her side while she tries to gain control of her breathing. She struggles. I know she's in pain and I want more than anything to take that away from her.

"Olli..."
I hear my aunt, Mary, call from the door. I leave a soft kiss on my mother's fragile hand before I make my way to my aunt.

"What happened?" are the first words that come out of my mouth when I'm finally face to face with her and we're away from the room.

I'm really angry because why am I only finding out now that my mother is not well?

My question is answered when,

"She didn't want us to tell you."
Now I'm hurt. Confused.

"Olli, she knew you were going to leave everything if she had. Everything you've worked so hard for. She was always so proud of you, and she didn't want you to stress over her."
She says to calm me down. But,

"Of course I'm going to stress about her. She's my mother Mary, how could I not?"
I say before noticing something. The hurt in her eyes.

I take a deep breath.

Of course she's in pain too, this is her sister. I don't imagine this being any easier for her.
I'm sure she wanted to tell me, but she didn't because she was respecting my mother's wishes.