CHAPTER 11

Napamura si Tyler ng makita ang phone n'yang naka-power off na dahil sa pagka-lowbat, ngayon n'ya lang ito nahawakan matapos n'yang mahanapan ng apartment si Jane sa Boston dahil ayaw nitong gamitin ang pinapagamit n'yang penthouse o condo para dito, apat na araw na mula ng umalis sila ng Pilipinas, apat na araw na din muna ng huling tawag nila ni Ashton, apat na araw na n'yang hindi nakakausap si Ashton ni hindi n'ya nagawang magpaalam sa lalaki na lalabas s'ya ng bansa.

He bit his bottom lip as he looked around the city, when his eyes spotted a mall, he immediately lift his feet and started walking towards it, hindi n'ya kayang mag-antay ng mahigit isang oras para mag-charge pa ang phone n'ya at matawagan si Ashton, so he will buy new phone instead of charging his also new phone since he dropped his last phone when his best friend Stanley emailed him the invitation of Ashton's wedding.

OPENING THE SCREEN OF HIS NEWLY BOUGHT phone Tyler was about to throw his dead ass battery phone to the trashcan when someone behind him talked distantly cold that made him stilled and gulped at the same time.

"Throwing your phone huh? For what, for me not to able to locate you? You even bought new phone huh, seriously, Tyler?" Ashton voice were cold and serious that made his heart to beat so fast as if his heart wants to get out of his ribcage.

Sari-saring emosyon ang biglang pumuno sa dibdib ni Tyler, pagka-miss sa lalaki, kagustuhang yakapin at pugpugin ito ng halik, syempre ang emosyon na 'yon na s'ya talagang nararamdaman n'ya sa para sa lalaki pero mas lamang ang kabang nararamdaman n'ya sa mga oras na iyon.

Alam naman n'yang walang katotohanan ang paratang nito pero iba pa din ang pakiramdam n'ya sa sobrang lamig ng boses ng lalaki.

Tyler gulped again before slowly looking at Ashton behind him.

HE STARED AT TYLER'S stoic face, he doesn't know why the man is trying his best to look formal when he is sure that his voice wasn't just serious but also cold, was not the man threatened by the warning on his voice? He thought that when you are sincerely feeling something towards someone then even the smallest changes on the mood, expression or emotions of your partner you would be affected? What? In just a week Tyler's feelings changed?

His heart beat painfully he feels like he is being suffocated just by staring at the man's straight face.

"Buddy, hey. Ah let's catch up at my penthouse here I was just about to go home." Tyler said and acted like they were just friends that made him frown, his chest is starting to feel heavy. But he does want to catch up with Tyler, he wants to know what was the man's reason and if the man was just playing his feelings. Because if the man did, then he successfully played him in just short period of time.

Ashton nodded his head with his lips shut closed even though he wants to say a lot of words he just kept his mouth shut.

PABALING-BALING SI Tyler kay Ashton habang nagmamaneho s'ya papasok ng basement parking lot ng building kung na saan ang penthouse n'ya dito sa Boston.

Tatlumpong minuto mahigit ang byahe nila at tatlumpong minuto mahigit na ding tahimik ang lalaki at tanging diretso lang ang tingin sa unahan ng sasakyan. Alam n'yang madami itong gustong sabihin sa kanya kanina pa dahil nakita n'ya iyon sa mukha ng lalaki bago sila sumakay sa kotse n'ya pero imbis na magsalita ay pinili nitong manahimik.

Pakiramdam ni Tyler ay aatakihin na s'ya sa puso sa kaba. Nang maiparada n'ya ang sasakyan n'ya ay agad na bumaba ang lalaki at nauna ito sa paglakad patungo sa elevator, agad naman n'yang sinundan ang lalaki at pumasok sa loob ng elevator. He pressed his floor's number and gulped again.

Ashton was still silent and it is making him feel dread, pinagpapawisan s'ya ng malagkit sa kaba at pakiramdam n'ya ay sisintensyahan na s'ya maya-maya hanggang sa tumunog at bumukas na ang pintuan ng elevator n'ya ay hindi umimik si Ashton.

Muling nauna ang lalaki papasok sa loob ng penthouse n'ya at inilibot ang paningin sa kabuohan non na tila may hinahanap ng tila hindi nito makita ang hinahanap ay bumuka ang mapupulang labi nito para sa wakas ay magsalita.

"Where's your ex? Nasa kwarto mo?"

Ex? Tyler's eyes widened! Of course, the first thing Ashton will do once he arrives at Philippines is to look for him at malamang ay sa opisina n'ya ito unang pumunta. He swallowed the hard lump that he just felt so suddenly inside his throat.

"She was on her apartment. Bambino, it's not what you think it is—"

"Then what it is, Buddy?"

Napangiwi s'ya sa pagdiin nito sa salitang buddy na itinawag n'ya dito kanina dahil pinagtitinginan sila ng iilang amerikanong nasa loob ng mall.

"I just helped her—"

"To where? Pleasuring her?"

"Baby! No! Just let me finish first please? I just helped her she was still a friend, she was physically abused by her husband and she is pregnant, baby. Even how much I want to inform you first I panicked seeing her situation, she has no one to ran for, she's an orphan and I was really the only one who can offer her a help, you're thinking wrong okay? I didn't go here with her in that purpose and I wouldn't ever go anywhere with a woman or anyone in anyplace for that reason unless it's you, okay?" He explained and assured Ashton before walking towards the man he was about to hug the man when Ashton stopped him by stepping backwards and looking away.

"If you're telling me the truth then why were you acting differently earlier? You even called me just like how you maybe call your friends. If there's no anybody then why was you acting like you and I were just a friend?"

Those questions made him froze on his place as his eyes went to stare at Ashton. "Bambino..." napabuga s'ya ng hangin saka tinuloy ang pagyakap sa bewang ni Ashton at nang mayakap n'ya ito ay agad n'ya itong pinatakan nang masuyong halik sa noo nito hanggang sa patakan na n'ya ng masusuyong halik ang buong gwapong mukha ng lalaki.

"I'm sorry about that." He apologizes after kissing the guy.

"I did that to protect you from peoples criticisms and society's judgment, I know how much you protect and how much you treasures what you have earned and built right now, being romantically attached by a man could affect how other people view you, it will also of course affect what you have right now once your investors or even business partners didn't liked the idea of their business partner is being engaged at man to man relationships then it will affect your business your earnings your connection and everything. I'm, I'm not afraid to be criticized by anyone anymore I was already done thinking of what other people will say, but how about you naman? I just want to protect you because I know what we have could affect what you treasure the most, I'm sorry please don't think that I am denying you, I am not, ok?"

That's true he was already done thinking of how other people views him, pero paano naman kung si Ashton ay hindi? Kaya nag-iingat pa din s'ya, handa s'yang mag-antay kahit gaano katagal pa ito bago maging handa na tuluyan at hayaan ang isa't isa na magpakita ng apeksyon sa isa't isa kahit nasaang lugar pampubliko man o pribado, he is willing to wait as long as alam n'yang may hinihintay talaga s'ya.

"Ashton... I love you; I'm fucking in-love with you."

____

THENAUGHTYGRAY