2: Oops

×January 2021×

Things did not get better. They got worse and they are getting better but not enough. The country went into a full lockdown in April of 2020, the world tour was postponed and then canceled. That really bummed them all, I wasn't able to see Jungkook in person for months.

I also lost my job at the boutique but because my job at the convince store was considered essential, I was able to work there and get more hours. I still graduated on time but everything was online which really sucked. And because of this pandemic I'm now behind on my plans to open my own boutique.

Jungkook has felt really down about not being able to perform, they all have. But They did online concerts in October to make up for the past tour being canceled and then in November they released an album that was centered around how the pandemic made them and really the world feel.

Tonight I'm seeing Jungkook in person for the first time in 2 months. HYBE made us both take rapid tests yesterday to make sure it's actually safe for us to see each other. Next month is our one year anniversary which feels completely unreal.

I'm making dinner when my doorbell rings and I head over to the door, checking the camera to see Jungkook standing there, masked and a hat on. I open the door and he comes inside, slipping his shoes, hat and mask off.

I give him his space but as soon as he's set everything down he sweeps me up, quite literally and hugs me to him tightly. I shriek in surprise and wrap my legs around his waist, hugging him back as tightly as I can, tucking my face in his neck.

He stands there like that for a few minutes before I lift my head "My love we can do this all you want later, but I was cooking, do you want your pork belly to be burnt?"

He shakes his head "No but I don't want to put you down either."

I laugh "Come on, put me down so I can finish dinner."

He does put me down and follows me to my kitchen but as soon as I'm stood still at the stove he wraps me in a back hug making me chuckle "Did you miss me or something."

"Yes. Did you not miss me?"

I scoff playfully "Excuse me? Did I not miss you? Was I not the one who was texting you every twenty minutes yesterday? And here I am, making one of your favorite things. Maybe I should just stop." I joke and reach for the nob.

Jungkook catches my hand "No, I'm sorry. I know you missed me." He kisses my cheek "Please keep cooking."

I turn the heat down and roll his sleeve up "Now when did you get all this?" I look over the new tattoos on his arm "November, the week after I saw you last. Like it?"

I nod "It looks good. Did you add to the upper half?" I ask while tracing the new stuff I can see.

"I did and you can investigate it later if you would like. I was given permission to stay here for a night or two if I want." His tone becomes suggestive.

"Is that what the back pack was about? Where is Bam?"

"With my brother. I was counting on you saying I could stay. Can I stay?"

"Do you really think I'm going to tell you no after I haven't seen you in two months."

"No."

"Okay then." I take the pork belly off the stove and put it on the plate that has lettuce leaves on it "Can you grab the side dishes please, they're in the fridge."

He nods and let's me go to get the small containers out of the fridge and then we head to the living room and sit on the floor inbetween the couch and table.