12

Summer was here.

It came fast as music is turned up to full volume. The trees rise to the occasion, donning their best verdant hues, and everywhere are the flowers, the scattered rainbow that they are. The wind was gusting breezily cooling down all the citizens from the high temperatures.

A newly radiant sun steps forth from the spring time, wrapping us in her warm and brilliant rays. It is brilliant in cornflower-blue sky, as if one perfect petal was stretched so wide around all the world.

Between the paving stones comes blooms so bold and tall, giving of their aroma to the summer-infused breeze. For these seeds of humble size and hue are the ninjas of the botanical world, born to shout loud of their graffiti-petaled beauty.

(Y/n) was excited because it was her vacation. Since she won't be in work for two weeks, her parents and her had planned to visit one another. In other words, she's going back to Canada along with her daughter.

Her parents live in Canada. Vaughan, Ontario to be more precise. Her mother worked as a doctor at a hospital while her father was a businessman. Both were influential people and were highly admired by their co-workers and peers. They were also very kind and never flaunted their wealth, instead, they opted to help the poor.

Ever since (Y/n) moved to Japan to avoid her ex, she hasn't visited her birthplace since Mira was born. In truth, she was a bit afraid. What if he was there waiting for her? What if he comes knocking at her door wanting to be together again? What happens if he wants to take Mira away from her? Did he move on? Was he still living in Canada? She hoped not.

(Y/n) wasn't ready to see him. In fact, she wasn't interested in getting back together with him either.

Sigh. This was all too complicated for her.

The flight was scheduled to leave in the afternoon so (Y/n) was all packed and ready waiting for Daichi and Sakura to pick them up and drop them off to the airport.

It was lunch time, so (Y/n) decided to make some lunch for her and Mira to avoid buying any food at the airport. It was better to save money in case of emergencies.

As for the guys...she didn't bother to tell them where she's going since she's not really obligated to. It was her business. Besides, (Y/n) believes they wouldn't really care or bother to miss her since they'll be busy with their whores and prostitutes to keep them company.

She was also happy to have a break from them considering how she never has privacy anymore. It'll be a fresh break away from their perverted selves.

Looking at the news, (Y/n) noticed there were hardly any gang activity as of late. Hmm...sus. Or maybe they were simply covering up their tracks better.

The ringing of her phone snapped (Y/n) out of her thoughts. She grabbed it, "Hey, ma." She greeted her mother.

"(Y/n)! Your father and I were wondering what time is your flight? We're asking because of the time difference."

"Hm...we're scheduled to depart at 5:00 in the afternoon."

"Great. Your father and I will pick you up at the airport when you arrive."

"Kay. See you when I see you, ma. I love you."

"I love you too, baby—Hidaka!!! Put the cookies down, that's for dessert not dinner!!!"

The phone cut off, making (Y/n) laugh. Her parents were an eccentric duo, always knowing how to keep the house lively.

When the afternoon arrived, Daichi and Sakura arrived at her house to help load the bags into the car. After locking up the house and securing her alarms, they were headed to the airport.