― 𝐨𝐧𝐞

───── ⚔ ─────

chapter one: hurry up and bleed out, my crown is waiting

──────────

𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐀 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐄𝐒. The small television screen flickers in and out, not helping her nerves. The girl from district one lodges her axe into the head of her opponent. A cannon sounds, reverberating through the miniscule speakers in Visha's family house. Her dark eyes follow the way her brother us his brute strength, having lost his talwar— a sword with a curved blade— in the fight, to kill his own opponent. 

She jumps up from the rickety wooden chair she had been sitting on, a loud screech escaping her lips; her brother had made it to the top two. One more kill, and he could come back home to her. 

The television screen flickers in and out once more as her brother turns to face his ally. Visha could see the clear elation on his face before the screen goes dark. 

"NO!" A scream erupts from her mouth. Visha rushes towards the small machine, giving the top of the television a small slap. It blinks back on. Visha kneels on the hardwood floor, eyes leveled right at the screen, not willing to miss even a single second. 

"We made it," she hears her brother say to his ally. "Top two." 

"There is no top two," his ally says cruelly as she raised her axe. "There's only one victor of the Hunger Games, Mayan. And it's going to be me." 

Visha's brother holds his hand up. "Hold on now," Mayan says, tilting his head to the side. "What's the rush? It's just the two of us in here. You've got your axe, at least let me get my sword. Let's give them all a show." 

He turns his back on her as he reaches for his talwar. Visha screams at the screen, wanting to tell him how he couldn't trust the girl from district one. She isn't his ally anymore— she is his enemy. 

The girl from district one axes him in the back. 

Mayan gasps. 

Visha screams once more. Tears run down her face as she yells obscenities at the television, and at the district one girl who couldn't hear her. 

Her brother turns around, his eyes wide in shock. "Allura?" He chokes out, falling to his knees. "Why—" he grunts, reaching for the axe in his back. A strangled sound escapes his lips as he pulls the weapon out.