― 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

───── ⚔ ─────

chapter fourteen: i'm not going to kill you

──────────

𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐔𝐏 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝟐𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐀 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍 𝐏𝐈𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃. She carefully unties the rope that secured her to the tree and shoves both the rope and her blanket into her backpack. Then she scales down the tree, landing with a thump! in the newly fallen snow. 

Today is a new day, Visha tells herself. The sliver of sun, still slowly rising above the horizon, marks the time as barely past dawn. She has to get a head start, start moving before all the other Tributes do. She is the hunter― they are the foxes. She has to find them all before they find her. 

Most of all, she has to find Blake before he finds her. 

That way, she can kill him properly. 

Make up for her mistakes the last time she tried. 

Visha ponders her next course of action as she walks through the forest, fresh snow crunching under her boots. Where is the best spot to be during the Games? She doesn't want to be too far from the action, but also wants to make sure she isn't in a place where she could easily be surprised. Or killed. 

The best place to be was somewhere with a high vantage point. Where she can see everything that was going on. But that would be... 

The mountains! Visha realises with a small grin. 

And Blake would never go there― he thought it was a stupid idea last night. 

So that is where Visha has to go. She takes the spear she stole from the Careers out from her scabbard, beginning to use it as a walking stick to hike through the thick layer of snow on the ground. She continues walking through the forest, only catching sight of the domed hood of the Cornucopia once the sun is high in the sky― it's noon. 

Immediately, Visha's stomach grumbles. She sighs, entering the Cornucopia and digging through one of the supply crates. A sandwich! A small smile lights up Visha's face as she unwraps the cold meal and sits on the supply crate. It's gone within ten seconds. Her stomach continues to grumble. 

A groan escapes Visha's lips as she has to resort to rummaging through the supply crate one more time. This time, she pulls out a couple of sandwiches, a handful of apples, and a bigger backpack. She sets one shiny red apple aside, before moving things from her backpack to the bigger one. It has so many more pockets, allowing Visha to organize her supplies. The blanket, rope, water-proof gloves and tuque, and sleeping bag go at the back; in the biggest pocket. In the medium-sized pocket, goes all of her food and water bags. In the smallest pocket, she puts her sheathed knives, matchstick box, and note from Hunter.