― 𝐭𝐞𝐧

───── ⚔ ─────

chapter ten: we've got a fallen angel on our hands

──────────

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐀 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒, 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐄𝐂𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒. It is the perfect extension of her― from the blood-red colour down to the corset-like armour. Lucretia urges her to put the glorious outfit on, and Visha does so. 

Soft but heavy fabric with a leather-like feel is pulled over her head. Lucretia helps zip up the dress from behind. 

The neckline is a gorgeous, plunging v-neck that somehow adds to the allure of danger, complete with strings taut in a crisscross pattern over Visha's cleavage. The shoulders of the dress are padded and slightly raised, giving a more intimidating look, and there are billowing sheer, red sleeves that go down to her wrists. The skirt of the dress is dangerously short― only going down to the middle of Visha's thighs― and pleated but cut in a ragged, somehow stylish, manner. 

Then Lucretia slips the corset over Visha's shoulders. It is silver like armour, and the top of it is styled like a bustier. The middle and bottom of the bodice has etched silver designs of vines and snowflakes. 

Visha clutches Lucretia's hand as she slips her feet into a pair of silver combat boots. There is a high platform heel at the bottom of the shoes, but otherwise they are comfortable and easy to walk in. Visha is thankful for that. 

After the outfit is mostly complete, Lucretia and the rest of the prep team start on Visha's hair and face. 

The stylists begin to weave strands of Visha's long, dark hair into multiple little braids, starting from her hairline going down her scalp. Once all the tiny braids have been completed, Lucretia takes the braids and the rest of Visha's hair and pulls it into a tight ponytail. The braids sit nicely at the top and at the sides of Visha's head, while the ponytail is voluminous and serious. 

Lucretia and another stylist rub a soft, buttery salve into Visha's skin, turning her skin into a soft, glowing satin. She sits down in front of a large vanity, glancing in the mirror and admiring the work being done. Brushes smooth away all her blemishes; hiding old scars and small bruises. A small stick adds a darker contour to her cheekbones and jaw, drawing out hard edges and making her look far more intimidating. Then the stylists add more, more, more! When they are done, Visha stares at herself, not completely recognizing the girl in the mirror. Her eyes are lined in dark black, and there is a maroon colour on her eyelids. Her lips are smooth and painted blood red. There is a silver jewel in the middle of her forehead, and one more under each of her eyes. 

Finally, Lucretia sprays something on Visha, making her entire body shimmer. Then, she places a crown on top of her head; a silver band decorated with thorns instead of the Victor's laurel wreaths. 

The stylist stands there for a moment, not talking, not moving, but simply taking in Visha's appearance. "You look breathtaking," Lucretia finally hums.