Chapter Two

Leanna's pov

Yelling. Starting with an argument most often. Robert and his wife, Tabia, were fighting. Happy couples don't do that, like he had told me, "We are so happy together!" In our conversation minutes earlier.

"You don't care about our daughter, do you? She is turning six soon and you don't even pay attention to her!" She announced, Robert's face turning red in anger.

"I do care, I'm just busy," He replied annoyed in tone. He turned his back from her, rubbing his hands on his forehead.

She raised a brow, "Oh really? Doing what?" A cloud formed above his head; he was, surprisingly, shocked being asked this question. Tabia looked at the cloud and sighed thinking to herself, this happens too much.

"Why does it matter what I'm doing Tabia?" He answered with sass, staying facing the opposite way.

"Oh, sass? I am your wife; you must tell me. I want you to be safe, and me, and Akia. Don't you dare change the subject away from her," She said hand on hip.

The cloud grew bigger over his head. He stood there in silence, clenching his fists, and cracking his knuckles. She shook her head in disbelief at the deaf tone, "Answer me."

He took a deep breath and sighed.

"No," He muttered under his breath.

"Pardon?" She questioned back.

"I said, no," He laughed insincerely, turning back towards her again.

She stepped forward nearing his face, "No?"

His cloud grew covering both him and Tabia. "Are you fucking deaf? I said, NO!" He slammed his foot onto the hardwood floorboards shaking the ground under his wife. "Listen to me when I talk next time."

She screamed, terrified, "Robert please don't, I-I'm sorry, just don-"

"Too late my love!" His evil smirk raised onto his face as he laughed despicably. The cloud grew big enough to break open the house's walls and floor above them.

She stepped back slowly moving away from him. She turned around and attempted to run upstairs to save her young child, but hesitated. It was too late. The house was pretty much gone. She thought by now, her child was dead. Tears rushed down her cheeks. The realisation of this abuse she was living through finally hit her.

She quickly scrabbled out the front door trying to save herself, roof and walls falling dramatically behind her with every lightning flash and thunder boom. Robert steps outside the door slowly after her, laughing like the psycho he was.

"DON'T YOU RUN FROM ME TABIA!" Robert yelled speeding up to chase her to the village centre.

She screamed, begging for safety. She just wanted a peaceful life. "Robert please, I just want to be happy," She sobbed, turning to see him. Thunder and lightning flashed and bolted as Robert walked closer towards her, "I'm sorry for fighting with you, I was just thinking of Ak-"

He stopped her by slapping his hand over her mouth. He shook his tilted back head and laughed yet again. She screamed under his hand, grabbing his wrist as more tears fall from her eyes.

People from the village stepped out of their houses to listen. Tabia's free hand gestured them to go back in, but they stayed, snickering, and whispering about the two. They all knew he was a terrible person, but never bothered to help her.

Like I said, there are some shitty people here. If I was older then and knew about it, I would have helped her too.

Robert moved his hand from her face. He took a deep breath to calm himself, although the cloud above him grew bigger yet again, "Sorry mi amour, I love you, I do," He said to her.

"N-no you don't. You don't really," She wept, shaking her head. "If you did you would be home more. And maybe we wouldn't be out here embarrassing ourselves."

The lightning and thunder grew faster and louder as both their hearts paced. One in anger, the other in utter anguish. She took a deep breath and stepped slightly away again, "Robert please, please... plea-"

"ENOUGH!" He shouted, slamming his boot onto the dirt road, striking lightning across the whole village.

One hit Tabia. She fell to the floor, her eyes slightly ajar. Gasps travelled through the air. She wiped her eyes then screamed as a light post fell towards her face.

The town went silent.