Chapter Ten

Leanna's pov

My eyes blink open. I look up at Akia. She's asleep I think. I smile and look at the laptop in front of us. The movie has stopped playing, black screen. Hmm odd. I wiggle my finger over the mouse pad to turn it on.

Shit. Shit.

I whisper to wake her up, "Uhh Akia... Akia? Wake up please,"

She groans, "Let me sleep for a little more. You don't have to go yet, do you?"

"It is seven o'clock. I had to go like an hour ago,"

"Oh. Shit. Get up then let's go,"

We pull the covers down so we can get out of the bed. Akia has a small hole in her wall covered by a piece of sheet-like fabric. It sways gently in the wind and a small moon light shines through it. I hear voices. They yell my name.

Oh no.

They must all be looking for me already.

"Quick! Uh hop out the little hole window thing. Make sure you have the lie planned out," Akia says to me, shoving me close to the window.

"Where is my bag?!" I yell, quickly looking around for it.

Akia runs into her bathroom and grabs my tote bag. She throws it at me, "Catch! Now go! Quickly please,"

I catch my bag and climb out the window. I can see flashlights shining around, going over the mountain. Akia's window doesn't face the village but I can see the lights shining over it. I wish her a good night and rush up the hill. I look over to see almost everyone at the village with torches gathering searching for me. I'm already embarrassed. I slide down the grassy hill and walk over to the group.

"AY! Mi cariño, you are here!" My mum yells to me, as I wander over to the group, "What happened?! Are you okay? Are you hurt? Dios mío! What happened to your head?!"

"Mamá I am fine. I just fell and put a bandage on my head,"

She gasps, "You fell?"

I tilt my head down, for the extra dramatic-ness, "Yeah I rolled down the hill but I had a little first aid kit in my bag. I hit my head hard that I wasn't conscious for a bit. After that I must have wandered out too far and got lost. I am fine now. I am here,"

"Ay honey. I'm so sorry. Let's go home," She says to me genuinely. "Dante is staying at Leo's tonight and Carlos is staying with us, to get away from the littles. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, of course,"

She smiles at me. She then clears her throat to yell at the search squad, "Hey! I have her! You guys can all go now, thank you so much for the help,"

Everyone cheers softly then runs off to their houses. My friends weren't at the search party, well not that I could see at least.

We eventually get back home. Mamá opens the door to see Carlos pacing back and forth nervously waiting for us.

He spots us coming inside and gasps, "Oh my god. You are okay,"

I hug him, "Mhm I am fine. Wait what's up with Dante's party? Oh no. We need to set up! Did th-"

Carlos interrupts me, "Nah uh. No. You don't need to do anything. The others are doing some now, then we will all go back tomorrow to do the rest,"

I smile up at him. He smiles back. I am glad he is being nice to me. Right now I want to scream. I want to cry. I literally saw a murderer today and I have to act like nothing happened.

I place my bag down on the dining table and sit down on one of the chairs. I lean back on it. I groan, rub my head, then slide onto the floor. I loose eyesight and go unconscious again.

After I fainted all I could remember was waking up. Carlos was shaking me fully awake, "Oh my gosh are you okay? You fainted or something."

"Yeah. I'm okay..." I mumbled, "Wait what? Why am I in my room?"

Carlos giggles, "We put you here so it was more comfortable. You can just go to sleep. I'll crash on the floor, on the spare mattress,"

He lays down on the mattress. I lay on my bed. Before I knew it I was asleep.

I have a dream. Not the reoccurring one about the train driver this time though. It was about Akia and Omen. She gave me a tour of her house again until she suddenly pushed me down some stairs into a dark abyss. I felt betrayed, but it's just a dream, right? I stood up to see Omen lurking over me. He was standing tall and scary. I woke up just after he punched me. Like that one day. To my mother.

I gasp awake, sitting myself up. I scream, "AH!"

Carlos gasps in reply, "Hey! You okay?"

"Yep just a terrible nightmare," I mumble. I lay back down and signal him to do so as well, "Go back to sleep, I'm sorry,"

"You're fine. Night,"

I mutter night back to him.

I lay down to then stare at the ceiling. I drift off to sleep. No more weird scary dreams please. I need to sleep properly.

Train driver dream. Mm nice. Good dreams are the best ones. Even if they make fuck all sense.