Chapter Fourteen

Leanna's pov

Dante stares at me. He then looks at Akia. Then back to me.

"Nice to meet you, Alice," He smiles. It doesn't seem to be fake so we both assume he doesn't know. I hope.

Akia looks at him. She smiles too, "Nice to meet you also. Dante is it?"

He looks happy, smiling still, "Yeah! It was my birthday a few days ago,"

She stands up off my bed, "Oh my god! That's really cool,"

Fuck. She's good with kids too.

I smile. The type where it's on the side. Half smirk smile. I stand up next to her, "You should go, come back later to get dressed. I'll leave my window open if I go before you're back," I whisper in her ear.

She nods and whispers back, "Okay," She raises her voice for Dante, "Bye big boy. Don't tell your mum I was here,"

They both giggle. Akia hugs me for a second then crawls out the window. Off to somewhere. Probably her house.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Dante asks me. By the look on his face, and what he said, I could tell I went red, "Oh okay then," He smirks then walks off.

Shit. He better not tell mum.

I chuck on my jacket and climb out the window. I could've gone out the front, but I didn't want to. I walk to the treehouse. I hope nobody is there so I can just have some alone time, to think.

Tonight or tomorrow I might come out to my mum. I think I'm ready and I have a back up plan if it all goes to shit.

I climb up the ladder onto the first level. I grab a pillow then climb to the top, also the second level. I place the pillow down and lay. Nobody is here. I can just lay in my thoughts and daydream or something. I don't know, but I like it.

I know I like Akia. I've made it obvious, haven't I? I smile when she's around. When people mention her or liking someone I can't think of anything else. I hate being in love, but I also love it. I am going to kiss her tonight if I'm not too drunk.

It's been a hours. It's almost time for the party. I was laying in the treehouse for most of the day. I went back home at around one for lunch. I didn't see Akia at all for the rest of the day, and her clothes are still on my bed. I spent most of my time after lunch doing my hair and makeup. I think I did it to impress her. I never do my hair or makeup because I like the way I look. Well... sometimes. I don't like changing stuff about me, but I did today, and I like it! Everything is perfect.

Eye shadow, eye brows, eye lashes, lips, blush, everything! I feel really really pretty. I haven't felt like this for a long time. It's nice. It's because of Simon. He bullied me about my weight and looks and literally everything until I met Cora. She is so confident and always made me feel better. I love her.

I get up from the floor where I was finishing my makeup. I look over at my bed, then out the window. Akia isn't back yet. She'll come back later. I will meet her at the party instead. I need to get dressed then go get Kai. I told him I'd meet at his house then we would walk over together.

I put on my dress. I pull the zipper up. It fits perfectly. The light blue fabric has a floral pattern on it.

I feel beautiful. My arms aren't bothering me. My stomach isn't bothering me. My face isn't bothering me. My small scars scattered over my upper thighs aren't bothering me. The left side slit of the skirt shows them, to an amount. For once I can look in the mirror without feeling bad. 

I am so fucking proud of myself.

I have come so far since the bullying.