Chapter Seventeen

Leanna's pov

I get to the fabric shielding Akia's window. I pull it gently out of the way to see her just walking through her bedroom door.

She spots me and gasps, "Leanna! What are you doing?"

My face drops from a fake smile to my real emotion. I want to cry but I don't.

"Amour?" She begins, "What's wrong? You can tell me anything,"

Amour?

She learnt that.

A single tear drops from my eye. I squeeze through the window and she runs over to me. I flop into her arms and cry for a solid ten minutes. She hugs me and comforts me. After I'm done crying, I tell her what happened while we sit on the floor hugging.

She looks me dead in the eyes, "Your mum sounds terrible. I am so sorry,"

"Don't be sorry, it isn't your fault," I sob.

She kisses me with her soft lips, "I know it isn't my fault, but I know you feel so shit right now, and I want you to know I am on your side. Forever,"

I kiss her and hug her again. So tight.

Akia gives the most comforting hugs. And the best kisses.

"I love you, Akia," I add.

She smiles at me, "I love you too, Leanna. Now, I'll get your stuff and set it up so you have somewhere for tonight. Go have a shower in my bathroom to clear your head,"

I nod and walk to her ensuite. How can ones house be so fancy? They live underground for fuck's sake.

I shut the door behind me, not locking it just in case. I grab a towel that is placed on the bathroom sink and turn on the shower. The cold water trickles down onto the shower floor, slowly heating up and making the room warm and muggy. I take off my clothes then hop in.

I wash my body with the cherry soap she has and think about what has happened in the past two days.

I kissed a girl, who I know think is my girlfriend... Who is also the daughter of a murderer. Oh yeah, and my mum is super homophobic. Also, she is fucking my best friend's dad! Woo.

I grab the shampoo and conditioner and scrub my hair. It smells like vanilla. Like Akia.

I also hope Omen is nice to me while I'm here. 

As I step out of the shower, wrapping a beige towel of Akia's around me, I hear muttering outside the door between Omen and his daughter.

"But she really needs a place to stay! Please. I really like her," Akia begs.

I dry my hair and body while listening.

Omen sighs dramatically, "Ugh, fine. But not for long. Her and her mother need to sort it out,"

I hear Akia thank him with a hug and kind words. He leaves and I hear a knock on the door.

"Hey, are you okay in there? Do you want some clothes?" She asks me.

I quickly put my underwear on and open the door, "Yeah, that would be great. Thank you,"

She smiles then turns back to her bed where a pile of clothes are laying out.

"This shirt and these shorts will do?" She asks.

"Mhm, of course,"

I take the clothes and get changed in front of her while rambles about how nice Omen was being for me.

I love listening to her talking. Even if I'm not interested in what she's talking about, I like listening to her.

After she stops talking I flop onto her bed.

"Come lay with me. I just wanna cuddle you until the sun goes down," I say.

She smiles and jumps into bed with me. And we do just that, cuddle until the sun goes down. Well, maybe we didn't just cuddle. We made out too, but nothing more. Also, we were cuddling for more than just the sunset. We cuddled until we got called out for dinner. Which was hours after the sun went down. Mind you, I got there in the morning. That's a lot of cuddling, but I don't mind it.

"Akia, Leanna! Dinner!" Omen yells from the kitchen.

I take a deep breath, I can smell the food. It smells like heaven. So good.

We walk out. Omen stares at me. He looks at my chest... ugh.

"What?" I ask, feeling uncomfortable.

He looks mad now, I get worried, "Why are you wearing my shirt?"

"This is yours? Akia gave it to me so I didn't kn-"

"Don't give me your stupid little excuses! Why?"

"I'm trying to tell you but you aren't listening," I explain.

"I let her stay here and she's already stealing my stuff? Oh my god she is a fucking idiot," He says under his breath, just loud enough for us to hear it.

"Excuse me? Don't talk to her like that," Akia stands up for me.

I look at her concerned, "Leave it, I'll go change," I try to walk but she grabs my hand.

"No, keep it on,"

"But if your dad is upset, I shouldn't-"

"No,"

"Uh, okay,"

We sit down at the table. It is quiet while we eat. A random mumble sometimes of some stupid shit from Omen but that's it.

Akia and I finish our food. Akia leans to me as she puts our plates down on the kitchen bench, "I can't be bothered to deal with him, let's go,"

"Where?" I ask.

She smiles at me again, "You know where,"