Chapter Eleven

Leanna's pov

My eyes flash open to the sound of the spare mattress squeaking. I don't know why I've been so shaky and aware lately. I feel like it's from seeing Omen. He is fucking scary if you hang with him for too long. I mean yeah he was before but that is because I thought he was nice. I used to see him as an uncle. A farther even. But I would never tell him that. He doesn't deserve children in his life. Especially me.

"Morning Leanna," Carlos groans stretching his arms above his head. He sits up on the mattress and looks at me. "Uh... Are you okay? You look really frazzled and scared,"

I smile, "Uh no I am- I'm fine,"

He looks at me. It's that face when he knows I'm lying. It is really obvious though so I don't blame him. "Mhm sure. Now, what's actually up?"

I sit up in my bed, "I guess I'm just stressed over the party. I have been super anxious lately or something. I don't really know," I lie.

"Okay well-"

"I know, if I'm feeling uncomfortable you're here for me. Thank you," I butt in.

"Love you Leanna," He smiles.

This god damn man. What else could I ask for?

I smile back and climb of my bed. I hug him and snuggle into his shoulder, "I love you too Carlos,"

He hugs me tightly. We sit there for at least thirty seconds before my mother just has to interrupt. She always has to come in at the wrong times.

"Hey gu- Oh uh... did I interrupt you guys uh-" She stutters.

That bitch. She ships me and Carlos all the time but always makes to weirder than it has to be.

I quickly move my head up from him, "Ew mamá! No,"

Carlos laughs, "Rosia we were hugging not fu-"

I nudge him before he finishes. I give him the look. The shut the fuck up look. He looks a bit scared and shuts his mouth.

"Okay well I made breakfast so come get it," She says walking out of the room.

Carlos and I get up and walk out the room after her.

Breakfast was awkward. After I finished eating she ask me to come talk with her.

"Uh okay," I reply.

We walk over to the other side of the kitchen.

She leans in so she can talk quieter, "You know the rule. No sex in the house. Or ever yet, you are sixteen!"

My eyes widen, "Mum! I wasn't having sex we were hugging, I promise. I have told you I don't like him,"

"I believe you, but not the part were you said you don't like him. We both know you guys like each other," She laughs as she walks off.

I stand there shocked. I need to tell her. Maybe later in the week. Oh maybe- I don't know.

I eventually shake it off then walk back to the table and sit next to Carlos. He asks me what we talked about, so I told him. He nearly choked on his eggs from laughing.

I stand up, "Well. Mamá, we have to go set up for the party so we will go. See you at twelve just before the party starts!" I say.

I look at Carlos.

I rush him to finish so we can get out of there. He shoves the last of his food in his mouth then rushes outside after me. I have my tote bag on me, because I have an emotional attachment to it, and he holds his phone in his hand. We run off towards the treehouse laughing over the odd conversation. We get to the tree. Our group is sitting by the bottom. Some things are slightly prepared already, and some stuff isn't yet.