Chapter Eighteen

Narrator's pov

The two scramble out of Akia's window, then run down the hill whispering to not awake the town. They giggle and hold hands while they run through the trees. They get to the base of the treehouse and climb up the ladder. They hear small chattering from people, on the top platform.

They sound like the group.

"Hey guys!" Leanna says as they climb to the first platform. The group are just starting a movie on someone's laptop while cuddling up in a blanket.

"Oh my god! Hey Leanna, hey Alice!" Cora smiles, snuggling up to Kai.

Akia smiles, "How are you guys?"

"Not too bad, wanna join us?" Cora replies.

"Uh, duh. Of course we do," Leanna says, quickly jumping next to everyone. She signals Akia to join them, and she does.

Leanna lays her head on Akia's shoulder, gently rubbing her thighs while they cuddle up together. The movie's soundtrack plays while the group watches, but Leanna lays and closes her eyes.

How could so much go wrong so fast, and so much go right at the same time? And how come she felt sort of happy her mum literally hated her? Is she wrong for it? Probably. Does she care? No.

Akia makes her happy, and to be honest, that is all that matters.

The movie finishes. The credits roll out as the group packs up their things and leaves. They take their own pillows but leave Akia and Leanna alone so they can sleep. Leanna is laying on Akia's legs with a blanket on her. Akia is laying down with a pillow under her head, sleeping.

Leanna shuffles awake. Her eyes open to see the stars ahead of her. She looks up at Akia with her tired gaze. She smiles at her. Akia's eyes open too. She sees Leanna looking at her, innocently smiling, "Morning?" She says.

"It isn't the morning, love," 

Akia looks around at the night sky, confused at the dark sky, "Oh. We should go home then,"

"Okay. I am tired too," Leanna replies. 

They stand up, kiss for the billionth time, then climb down the treehouse.

The get to the base, Leanna has a blank stare as she looks at Akia.

"I don't want my dad to have such an affect on you," Akia starts, "You wearing his shirt on accident shouldn't put you on the death list. If he does anything to you, you will tell me, okay?"

Leanna nods.

"Good. Now let's get home, I can sneak you in,"

They get to the window. The fabric is swaying in the wind. Akia looks through to make sure Omen isn't there. 

She goes in first, looks around, making sure, then signals Leanna in when it is safe.

"I feel like a spy," Leanna says.

"Shhhh-"

"Oh stop it," She interrupts, putting her index finger on Akia's lips. She lays down on the bed, getting ready to sleep, "Come on idiot. I am hella tired,"

"I am coming, jeez," Akia laughs, laying down next to her.

A warm feeling floods the room. It's that nice silence again. The one everyone loves. Nobody says anything but it feels so amazing and calm. It continues for a few minutes before they drift off to sleep.

Hours pass. The sun rises as the two cuddle asleep. Perfectly resting their heads on each other's chests and breathing slowly. 

All is calm and lovely until Omen barges in, "WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE?" He yells at Akia.

The two groan as they are awoken, "Huh?" Akia mumbles.

"WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE? AND WHY IS SHE STILL IN MY SHIRT?" He yells again.

Leanna sits up quickly, "Oh, uh, sorry, here," She takes off the shirt and throws it on the ground in front of Omen.

"Get the fuck out or I will kill you,"

"You'll what?" Leanna gasps.

"Did I stutter? I will kill you if you do not leave. Now get out," His voice is calm, but his words do not match.

"Okay sir, I am going," Leanna hops off the bed and walks to the window.

Akia throws her the shirt she is wearing, and Leanna puts it on. She climbs out the window and runs down the hill, to the treehouse, her safe place.

"What the fuck dad!" Akia squawks.

He laughs, "If you like her so much, go with her. But stay here if you want to live yourself,"

"Stop it. I thought you had changed. I guess not,"

He chuckles, "Ha! You thought I changed? Killing your mother was the best thing I had ever done, and it was an entire accident!"

"What?"

"Yep! I didn't try to do it, she just died from it,"

"Woah,"

"Yep,"

"That is fucking gross,"

"Also yep,"

Leanna runs down the hill. In a hurry, she teleports to the top level of the treehouse, to find Kai and Cora sitting together.

"Oh hey. Didn't know you would be here so early," Cora jokes, "You are usually asleep,"

"I didn't think you'd be here either,"

"Well... Why do you look so terrified?" Kai asks.

"Uhm- I really need your help," 

"What?" Kai says, slightly concerned.

"I fucked up,"

Cora and Kai look at each other. Fear in their eyes. They look back at Leanna. Kai looks at her terrified face, "Oh no," He starts, "Tell us everything,"