sharing is caring...

𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

dream wasn't sure what movie they were watching, he couldn't pay attention, his mind was running at a million miles an hour.

he couldn't help but think about everything and nothing, all at the same time.

he thought about his parents, would they be looking for him?

he thought about his future, will he ever be truly free?

he thought especially hard about the brunette sitting beside him on the bed, absentmindedly tapping his foot on the mattress, occasionally giggling at the movie.

he thought about what was going to happen in the next few hours. how was he supposed to tell george he had nowhere to go? was he even supposed to tell him? should he just go back to the skatepark?

maybe he should run away properly, get on a train and just not look back.

he had to make a decision sooner than anticipated because, as the end credits began to roll, george turned to face the blond.

"i think when you want to go home i'll get punz to pick you up," he started, getting up to switch the tv off. "it's already midnight and i don't want you to walk home by yourself," the brunette explained, thinking back to the dodgy area dream lived in.

no area of this town was nice, but dream certainly was in one of the worst parts.

the blond picked up his phone, typing quickly, and george watched as he paused for a moment, seeming deep in thought, before wincing and turning the phone so george could see it.

'i ran away.'

george's jaw dropped, eyes widening. "like, from home?" he asked, clearly very surprised.

dream nodded reluctantly. he wasn't sure that place ever counted as home.

the brunette spluttered a bit, clearly unsure about what he should say. he sat down on the end of the bed, looking at dream. "why did you run away?" he asked, still surprised, not even thinking about how intrusive the question may be.

dream looked back down to his phone, fingers hesitating over the keyboard.

how was he supposed to say this?

he typed quickly, this time putting the phone face down on the bed in front of george, rather than holding it out for the other to read.

the brunette looked at the phone and raised an eyebrow, dream nodding so he knew it was okay to look.

all that was typed out on the screen was 'abuse'.

and george felt his heart plummeting to the bottom of his chest before hitting the bottom and shattering into a thousand minuscule pieces.