silent conversations

𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

dream's first lessons were uneventful: the teachers obviously remembered his condition, and no one tried to mess with him, clearly having heard about what happened that morning.

at one point, a girl he hadn't met before introduced herself, claiming that she was a friend of george's, going on to explain how she knew all about dream because the brunette had spoken about him the whole of their first lesson.

admittedly, it was true, george had been absolutely ecstatic that first lesson, telling niki all about dream and how he had come back to school and how punz had fought schaltt.

niki had wordlessly listened to the boy ramble, nodding along and grinning at how endearing the brit's excitement was.

sapnap and punz had skipped their first lesson. it wasn't one they had together so they couldn't find a real reason to go. instead, they went to the bathroom so punz could check he still looked okay, before heading out to the school's football field and just chilling on the bleachers.

when lunch rolled around, the four boys decided to go out to a little café-diner near the school's campus- it was affordable but nice food, making it popular amongst the students of the school.

the group were happy they arrived when they did, there only being one table left that would fit four people.

it was a small booth, right in the centre of the room.

they took their seats, chatting as they read over the menu.

"what do you want?" george asked dream quietly, "i'll order for you."

dream smiled, pointing at a sandwich meal on the menu, flipping it to also show george he wanted apple juice.

the brunette nodded, "got it."

a moment later, a waitress walked over, smiling kindly to the four. "what can i get you?" she asked, looking to dream.

george spoke for him. "can he just have a ham and cheese sandwich and apple juice," he answered, looking down at the menu, "and i'll just have a water."

george hated how much he wanted to order food.

she nodded, not questioning dream, and shifted to face sapnap, "and for you?"

the ravenette told the short girl his order, along with punz's - which he hadn't needed to ask the blond for, already knowing what he would want.

sapnap knew that punz could order for himself, but he also knew that it made the other boy anxious, so he didn't see any reason to force the blond into it.

"is that everything?" she asked the four, receiving a few hums and nods. "okay that'll be right out," she said, grinning at them one last time before walking back to the kitchen.

when their food came, dream managed to convince george to have half of his sandwich, practically having to type out an essay on his phone to do so.

he reluctantly agreed and, as he took small bites of the food, he couldn't help but think about the people around him. they all tried to convince him to eat. all of them except his parents. what if his parents were really wrong this whole time?

they were halfway through their meal, george eating slower than the others, when sapnap was distracted from the conversation by punz tapping his thigh.

he ignored it for a moment, assuming the blond was just trying to annoy him, but when the taps sped up he gave in, turning to the older boy.

he was surprised to see punz practically frozen in place, staring at the table.

"punz?" he questioned calmly, taking the other's shaking hand into his own.

dream and george were both brought away from their conversation at that, also shifting their gaze to look at the blond.

after realising all three pairs of eyes were on him, he didn't care about beings discreet anymore, bringing his free hand up to sporadically hit around his chest and throat.

"you can't breathe?" sapnap asked, making sense of the other's actions.

the blond nodded quickly, holding his hand tightly in place around his throat.

sapnap shifted to take punz's hand, moving it down so he was now holding them both in place under the table as george spoke.

"is it his claustrophobia?" the brunette questioned, concerned- an understandable assumption considering their busy surroundings.

"no," sapnap answered, trying to figure out what to do. "it's his anxiety," he explained, punz wordlessly nodding in confirmation.

dream watched the scene, shocked, suddenly realising quite how much there was about the other three boys that he didn't know.

"do you think you could walk outside?" the ravenette asked calmly.

punz shook his head quickly, gaze still fixed on the table as he gasped for a breath.

watching the interactions made dream understand how the group found it so natural to communicate wordlessly with him.

sapnap could see that the older boy's state was only getting worse, quickly shifting out of his seat so that he could stand beside the table and give the blond more room.

though, much to his surprise, punz moved quickly, grabbing sapnap's sleeve and pulling him to sit back down, finally making eye contact with the ravenette.

sapnap could see the fear in the other's eyes, speaking gently, "i'm not leaving, luke. i'm trying to give you space to breathe." he explained.

until that moment, dream had genuinely believed the older boy was called punz.

wordlessly, still shaking, punz took a hold of sapnap's arm, pulling it around his own shoulder and moving to bury his head into the side of sapnap's chest.

the ravenette's eyes widened, surprised by the other's actions, but he snaked his other arm around punz too, pulling the older boy tightly against his chest and leaning his chin upon his head.

dream and george continued to watch from the other side of the table, noticing how sapnap closed his eyes, occasionally squeezing the blond in his arms.

it was only a few short minutes until the pair watched punz's shaking start to slow down, simmering until, finally, he sat completely still, not moving from his position in the ravenette's embrace.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

posting these at school cause i'm a bad b

hey! make sure you're hydrated, and also relax your shoulders.

and your eyes too, relax your eyes...

much better :]

i love you!

-kit