18.Azmil

It has been ages she heard someone mentioning his name.

Azmil

A name which always brought a playful smile on her face but now that smile was replaced by sorrow and moist eyes.

She wasn't very good at maintaining neutral expressions but still could control her tears.

Ayaan put a hand on her shoulder to reassure her.

" Hania I know you are worried about all this but don't worry we will sort it out."

Hania gave him a surprised look , her doubt of him not knowing the reality resurfaced again.

Reluctantly she looked at him and tried to study his face.

Confusion , melancholy and empathy , this was what she could comprehend from his expressions.

He softly touched her cheek to bring her out of the bubble of her unconsciousness and their eyes collided asking questions which their hearts didnt dare to answer.

Hania blinked and he excused himself.

All of the events which happened after their rukhsati just appeared in front of her eyes. Ayaan at wedding day and Ayaan now looked two different people.

There was some type of pain which was evident in his eyes. A pain which was there in her eyes too.

" Did he also lost the person he loved and was now yearning for her love ? "

Today's conversation with him was making her realize how wrong and selfish she was. He was probably not aware of her so called secret.

Her heart sank realizing how he betrayed he would have felt.

Telling such serious things over a text was a total folly on her side. She wanted to rectify it all.
Escaping from that environment was her plan but causing pain to Ayaan , it wasn't.

She analyzed the situation and decided to tell him about Azmil. She knew even if she continued this delusion of his there won't be any impact. As both of them had to part ways ultimately.

But her heart was finding it wrong ;letting him to be unaware of the truth. As a friend she wanted to console him and somewhere in her heart too wanted him to console her too.

Seeing this hostility was breaking her heart. Maybe after telling the truth his behavior might change , she thought.

She went for a quick shower and offered night prayer.

Meanwhile Ayaan came and placed the food stuff there. Hania noticed it but didn't say anything. After he went , she followed him to the dining area.

" Ayaan can I have dinner with you ?"

Ayaan was unsure but just nodded for her sake.

Dinner was a silent affair , with both of them occasionally stealing glances at one another. That eye contact was making Ayaan uncomfortable and he quickly finished the dinner.

He was about to leave when he felt something holding his hand. He turned around to find it was Hania holding his hand.

He stayed silent hoping she would say something.

" Ayaan I want to talk to you about something." She said in a low voice.

" okay , what do you have to say ?"
Ayaan had a firm expression on his face.

" can we talk somewhere more relaxed ? "

"Like where ?" He asked in response.

"A terrace or a balcony.". she said meekly.