13. Calmness before storm

" Baji I am going to kitchen." Salma said in a flustered tone and covered her eyes with hands.. Soon she was gone leaving behind Hania and Ayaan alone.

" What happened , why is she reacting like that ?" Ayaan asked with a confused expression.

Hania gave him a look of disbelief and said " Maybe she isn't used to such scenarios."

" I am not a complete stranger , she saw me when I came to your house with that marriage proposal thing and them on day of our Nikkah. " Ayaan replied instantly replied.

Hania didn't want to make things embarrassing by mentioning he was shirtless which made Salma act in this way.

Although he was in his undershirt but that wasn't helping much as it was kind of translucent.

To end this conversation she said " Ayaan lets just leave her , sometimes she act dramatically. Here take your shirt I have ironed it. " saying this she handed him the shirt and he uttered a quick thanks.

He went back to the room with shirt. Hania watched him and thought if Saira was there , she would have said
" Once a bhonduraam ,always a bhonduraam."

A smile crept on her face thinking this.
She went to dining table where Salma already arranged the breakfast.
" Stop." She said in a prominent voice when she saw Ayaan heading towards the main door.

Ayaan stood still there hearing it.

" Leave after breakfast." She further said.

Hearing these words made him remember the time when he used to be a kid and his mother used to stop his dad when he tried to leave without breakfast.

A small smile crept on his face thinking, how he will have similar moments as his parents. He quickly replaced smile wth a neutral expression and turned towards Hania to join her for breakfast.

During the breakfast session both maintained silence. Hania kept her complete focus on breakfast while Ayaan managed to steal some glances at her.

He left after breakfast leaving Hania behind with her thoughts. Unexpectedly his presence gave her comfort. They weren't very close but she could sense an unknown connection.

If he wouldn't have showed up yesterday she might have succumbed herself to self inflicted misery.

Sometimes it gets difficult to let go of past , especially when it constitutes the most beautiful part of your life. Some people are so special that they don't leave your mind even if you haven't seen them in ages.

Her thought process was interrupted by jarring voice of Salma.
"baji , has Ayaan bhai left ? "

" yeah he left , you can take the dishes." She replied

" baji.... Can I ask you a question ?"

" yeah." Hania said with
reluctance.

" Baji what should I make for lunch."
Hearing this Hania took a sigh of relief.
" just the regular veggies." Hania replied.

Hania knew seeing Ayaan there would have caused questions to arise in Salma's mind. And it is more than probable that she have misunderstood the situation.

More or less she also knows that Salma is secret agent of her mother. She will definitely tell her about the events with extra dramatic element.

She looked at her phone with disappointment and said
" Saira where have you gone, it seems you are busy with your own wedding rather than your cousin's wedding."

Shortly Hania left for office. She kept herself busy with work so she couldn't get time to think about yesterday night events.

It was time for her to leave for home when phone buzzed. Ayaan's name showed up on notification bar.
Hania sorry couldn't contact you earlier , how are you feeling now huh ? Is everything alright there and are uncle and aunty back.