20.You and me ?

"camt we give this a chance ?"

The warmness in his tone was enough to make her heart melt , to feel all the emotions which she was escaping from. But the cold air which has encompassed her own heart wasn't allowing her to drown in the sea of warmness.

Her clueless eyes collided with his glistening orbs as she tried comprehending his words.

Give it a chance ?

A chance ? But to what ? Him ? Their relation ? Love ?

Thoughts raced through her mind while eyes remain fixated on him.

" Have I asked that difficult question ? " He asked with emphasizing on the words difficult question as moved closed to her.

"No" she managed to say in a barely audible voice but the one who intended her answer heard it.

" Do you want me to go out of your life ? " His eyebrows knitted together as tone of voice became serious.

"No ... Never." Fear being visible in her eyes , the response was so automatic that not only Ayaan but she herself was shocked hearing it.

Her flushed cheeks and the close proximity were engulfing his senses unwillingly.
His hand swiftly moved towards the loose Strand of hair on her cheek and gently pulled it behind her ear.

They were completely lost in the moment , not anticipating what would happen next.

Door barged in and this brought them them back to their senses.

Hania retreated her hand from him and focused her attention on the one at the door. Meanwhile Ayaan alao did the same.

" sorry Ayaan bhai , sorry Hania baji for disturbing you people , mom just gave this ice pack to give it to you. " Mirha finished the sentence in one breath , keeping her eyes low and left without even hearing their response.

Hania picked the ice pack which Mirha left on table.

"Hania I will manage it , you don't worry. " Ayaan said, noticing the discomfort visible in her eyes.

" Oh , okay , I shall see if mom needs any help with arrangement of dinner. " Hania said in a timid voice.

Shortly she left the room.

Whatever happened in these few minutes was something so new for them that they needed their time to process it.

Ayaan's POV

I don't know what happened to me in that instance , if Mirha wouldn't have show up in that instance I would have done something crazy.

To be honest , I was expecting a straight forward answer from Hania and that too a negative one.
However her answer showed me a different side of her.

She was nervous. She was shy.

Hania , whom I have known all my life is a very confident and bold girl , she rarely shies and here she was not even able to make proper eye contact also.

Her shyness , her lowered eyes , her flushed cheeks , they were doing some sort of magic on me. Her warm hand on my bare chest felt simply electrifying. This whole feeling was so new , this was the first time I was so close to a girl.

When I moved an inch closer , I instantly regretted it next second knowing she would pull back but she remained still. She wasn't comfortable nor uneasy , there was something in between. We should give it a chance to be explored.

I thought she is disappointed with me and wants to leave me , this thought is so hurtful that I couldn't resist to ask her.

Her response was shocking but hopeful too at the same time. The hope which I always had , the same hope which was destroyed at our wedding night, now was revived by a simple response from her.