08|Ride

"What happened to your hand Rafa," Bia enquired, seeing a bandage on his wrist peeking from underneath the cuff of his sleeve.

"Nothing major, just a small cut," Rafa brushed it off, but Bia was far from done.

"You did it again, didn't you?"

"Heard you are taking the business world by storm, piccolina, mind teaching your brother some hacks?" Rafa tried to conveniently sway the topic, seeing sadness and a hint of disappointment fill Bia's eyes.

"My Orsacchiotto rules the business world like the true king he is, you need to teach me some tips and tricks bhai." She didn't pry any further for she understood him well. She tried to cheer him up and prayed earnestly for him for she knew that physical pain is nothing compared to the emotional turmoil.

"I got us something to eat," Rafa said while fishing out granola bars and handed one each to Bia and Marcus. He opened the granola bar of Bia and took a bite of it, while Marcus did the same before handing it to her again.

Rafa and Marcus opened their granola bars and munched on it without caring about how rude they looked eating a granola bar in a corner when the food was already served. While tears of gratitude welled up in Bia's eyes and she bear-hugged Rafa without caring about what the onlookers would think or if there would be a headline in tomorrow's tabloid. She couldn't express her gratitude in words to the both of them. She wasn't even their biological sister yet the both of them treated her as one, stood by her side and brought granola bars because they didn't want her to feel alienated in a party not eating or drinking anything.

"You are ruining my shirt bambino," Rafa said after patting her head, which got Bia to chuckle.

"Thank you, you didn't have to do it!"

"Ohh but I had to so I did, comeon, eat it and we can go eat out somewhere. This reception has already bored me out."

"I LOVE YOU!"

"Who doesn't love me? I'm sexy and I know it." Rafa said, making all of them laugh wholeheartedly.

"It'll be rude if we don't eat something here, lets try some of the dishes out, they look appetizing," Bia said.

Despite Aaron being here she knew the food wouldn't be spiked and in all these three years she had learnt to control her paranoia as much as she could. So she headed towards the food stall with them following suit and filled her plate with steak and salad.

Rafa had cut a piece of steak from Bia's plate and placed the fork near Marcus' mouth prompting him to eat.

"Since our dog Marcus here has tasted it and haven't died, its good to go we can gobble it all down,"

"Eff you bitch!" Marcus said midway, eating the piece of steak. She couldn't understand how the both of them were regarded as ruthless businessmen. They clearly didn't give a flying flip about the opinions of the onlookers who clearly were uneasy watching them let go of their table manners. These two with their antics were a sight for sore eyes. It was refreshing to see them like this after so many years: fighting, laughing and taunting each other.

Much to her surprise she had enjoyed the reception thoroughly. Aaron's presence didn't bother her at all. She was happy and content even if fleetingly and she had decided to hold onto those happy moments.

**

The next day she had gone to the ADZ textile to discuss Evan's tender. Her father had decided that it would be better if they allowed a team from the ADZ textile to visit Pakistan and let them work alongside the workers from YDZ textiles to come up with an efficient way to meet the tender requirements. A meeting was set up with all the members of the team that would be flying to Pakistan later in the night. Since the fashion show was in three weeks, a week and a half were solely dedicated to manufacturing all that was needed. While the rest of the weeks were dedicated to meeting Evans tender.