11|Yazdanis

Despite her dad wanting her to stay in Dubai for another week, Anabia had flown to Pakistan to oversee the team that was sent by Aaron to YDZ textiles. She didn't want to admit to her dad that she was slightly paranoid for she thought the team sent by Aaron had an ulterior motive of usurping YDZ textiles too and she couldn't risk that. The thought alone had caused her sleepless nights in Dubai and so she had decided to go to Pakistan. She had lost her company and dignity to Aaron once, she couldn't repeat the same mistake twice. Upon inspecting everything and making a team to spy on the members from the ADZ textiles, she had retired to her home in Karachi because in the evening she had to attend a party thrown by the politician Mir Yazdani.

After taking an afternoon siesta, she took a shower and got ready to prepare for the party. She changed into a silk kaftan from Sana Safinaz and paired it with a leather Dior clutch and kate pumps from Christain Louboutin. She had left her home with her dad early to attend the party. Even though she wasn't keen on attending gatherings with politicians in it, this party was one she couldn't miss. Mir Yazdani was not just a famous politician you couldn't ignore but also her dad's friend and their neighbour. She and Yilmaz have practically grown up with their kids. Upon entering the Yazdani residence, she grew nostalgic, the house reminded her acutely of all the childhood memories of hers that were buried along with the death of Yilmaz and Daniyal. Daniyal and Yilmaz were best friends and Daniyal was as much of an elder brother to her as Yilmaz was. Though Rahim was the same age as her and even her classmate, she still wasn't as close to him as she was to Daniyal and it had to do with the fact that Daniyal and Yilmaz were inseparable. They would often joke about how death couldn't part them and they didn't know how true it would be for they died together in the car accident. She didn't realize how unconsciously her steps took her to the hallway outside of Daniyal's room. The room she last visited on March 2008, a month prior to his death. Daniyal had taken Bia and Yilmaz to his room to flex his guitar and drums playing skills and after that the Yilmaz clan consisting of Daniyal, Rahim and Soniya competed with the Zehravi siblings in Karaoke, Ludo, Foosball and car racing. She could never forget the day for it was the last memory she had of Daniyal in this house.

"You can enter Daniyal's room if you want," Bia swiftly turned in the direction of the gruff voice and immediately wiped the tears off her face.

"Rahim?! you startled me!" She gave a weak smile which he reciprocated. The last time she had seen Rahim was on Daniyal's chaliswa and after that, she had heard how he had gone to America for his further education. It took a while for her to recognize him and to see the resemblance he bore with his brother. After a couple of minutes of staring, she averted her gaze and uttered an apology.

"It's ok, I know you were observing the resemblance I bear with Daniyal and it's quite a normal reaction for me now," she was shocked that Rahim picked up on it so fast and she smiled in response.

"What have you been doing lately? Long time no see no talk."

"I know right, it's been 10 or 12 years since we last met. I am a consultant Psychiatrist working at the Massachusetts General Hospital. You tell? How's life going? What are you up to these days?"

"Woah! Quite impressive I envy you man! I'm a businesswoman trying to survive the corporate world, that is how life is going precisely."

"A boss lady huh, isn't it cool? You were always the type that would make a great leader, even back in school you were the boss lady."

"What rubbish, I wasn't the boss lady back in school, such flattery much wow burger boy!"

"You were! Also I'm not a burger boy, and if I am then you are as much of a burger as I am."

"Ohh please, contrary to you, I am anday wala burger. You are a typical burger kid, urdu aati nahi but urdu ki galiyo mai PhD. A total snob, this too ghaleez, that too ganda and unhygienic, wouldn't know half of the normal Pakistani dishes and small end hotels."