22|Reimbursement

Recovering from the shock, Sam pushed at Carl's chest hard and tried to separate him away from her. But little did that do to push him away. So she bit him hard on his neck, taking him by surprise and drawing out blood.

"Arrrrghhh bitch," Carl cussed out in pain, pulling out from her. Before Carl could react, Sam kicked him in the dick and simultaneously hit his head hard with the nearby metal soap dispenser.

Carl fell down on his knees clutching his dick, roaring in pain as the throbbing headache settled in. Sam got down on her knees and fisted his hair.

"Husband or not Carl, hell would truly freeze over before I let you rape me!" She said before banging his head on the bathroom floor.

Samantha got up and hurriedly washed the blood off her hands. Seeing the tattered wedding dress, she pulled out Carl's t-shirt from the wardrobe and hurriedly threw it on while dashing for the door. Before Sam could reach the door, Carl grabbed the back of her shirt and pulled her down.

Sam immediately stood back up on her feet and threw her fist in the air to hit Carl's face but he dodged it this time and simultaneously blocked her attempt at kicking across at his chest. Carl looked deadly with blood dripping from the side of his face and bloodshot eyes.  He threw three punches one after the other and Sam dodged them by just a quarter of an inch. She elbowed him in the ribs in retaliation causing him to groan. However he swiftly got back to his position and threw his entire weight on her causing her to fall down on the ground due to the impact of it.

Before Samantha could lift him off of her, he injected her with a sedative causing her vision to go blur before it was completely blacked out. Carl rolled off of her slightly out of breath slightly impressed by the fight she put up.

He lifted her up off the floor in his arms and placed her on the bed. Covering her up with a duvet, he kissed her on the lips before walking out to tend to his bleeding and throbbing head.

**

Bia wiped her tears and got down to getting intel on what happened during the meeting that she missed out on. She knew it was her fault, but instead of crying over spilt milk she decided to salvage the damage because crying was never the solution to any problem but admitting one's mistake and enlisting it was the first step towards overcoming them. Throughout  the night, she pored over the propositions they had made, tried to find out what was missing in it and researched ways to salvage the damage. This time she was hellbent on ensuring that her emotions didn't come in the way of her success.

As Bia walked in Samantha's room she found it to be empty while a note was stuck to the side table stating that she had to be somewhere important and so had to urgently leave. She didn't wish to disturb her sleep and so she left leaving a note.

Bia went over the voice notes of Samantha that she had sent before leaving telling her to take care of herself, apologizing for leaving uninformed, advising her to not beat herself up for relaxing and sleeping because her body needed rest.

Bia smiled pensively hearing Samantha's words. She knew what Sam said was correct she was overworked and burnt out and so she slept for that long. But, even if she tried she couldn't justify missing out on an important meeting. The bitter words of Aaron evoked immense guilt, shame and self loathe in her.

Bia stayed awake throughout the night and the next day in the afternoon. Before she could call her PA to book her a flight back to Dubai, she got a call from the police station asking her to come to the hospital because they had found Rahim.

**

When Samantha woke up she found herself in a different environment. She didn't know for how long she was out, all she knew was that she was currently in a private jet. Noticing the blue cord set she was sporting, she didn't know if she should be glad or angry at Carl for taking this liberty while she was drugged out cold.